2CoolFishing

2CoolFishing (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/index.php)
-   Individual Fishing & Game Reports (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Easy trout limits - New vid (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=2694099)

brad king 01-05-2021 08:56 AM

Easy trout limits - New vid
 
Good morning 2 coolers, yesterday was my last day of vacation so I made a quick solo run back to West Bay. After a long struggle I finally located them. Hope you Guys enjoy this new video!!

Gofish2day 01-05-2021 09:24 AM

Enjoyed the vid as usual.
I noticed at the beginning of the vid you were fishing kinda fast for trout on Jan 4th with 60 degree water. You did slow down a bit and started to catch fish.
Grew up in SE Louisiana below New Orleans catching trout by the chest full in the winter. Nothing like winter trout fishing. Been here for 16yrs and live in N Houston so mostly freshwater now.

brad king 01-05-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gofish2day (Post 24015725)
Enjoyed the vid as usual.
I noticed at the beginning of the vid you were fishing kinda fast for trout on Jan 4th with 60 degree water. You did slow down a bit and started to catch fish.
Grew up in SE Louisiana below New Orleans catching trout by the chest full in the winter. Nothing like winter trout fishing. Been here for 16yrs and live in N Houston so mostly freshwater now.

Yes Sir, I have some very bad habits from being a kid fishing for Spanish Mackerel off piers and bridges. I tend to work a lure very fast, something I work on a lot to improve

txtan 01-05-2021 12:11 PM

I have this same issue Brad. I tend to do it a lot and always catch myself.

brad king 01-05-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtan (Post 24015829)
I have this same issue Brad. I tend to do it a lot and always catch myself.

It can for sure hurt you during the colder months!!! I am the worlds worst, LOL

Gofish2day 01-05-2021 05:17 PM

back in New Orleans we used to just barely drag double lures during the cold months. Diff days slower or faster. In the Delacroix island area where I grew up there were miles of shallow marshlands with thousands of lakes and ponds. The oil companies cut this marsh to pcs with pipelines. During the cold snaps these deep areas would flood with trout. Ice chest were the measure of limits.
one trip I took the guys from work. By 8am we had 75 in the ice chest all 12-14 inch fish. Tried for Reds all morning long an nada. Tried a little canal and bam 8lb trout. You don't see that large of a fish in the marsh. Played catch and released about 40 fish all 3-8lbs till we were tired.
I have friends who went last week and loaded up with 25 fish spec limits.
Great fishing there with alot of area to fish
Usually go back every year at least once but Covid kept me here.

brad king 01-05-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gofish2day (Post 24015979)
back in New Orleans we used to just barely drag double lures during the cold months. Diff days slower or faster. In the Delacroix island area where I grew up there were miles of shallow marshlands with thousands of lakes and ponds. The oil companies cut this marsh to pcs with pipelines. During the cold snaps these deep areas would flood with trout. Ice chest were the measure of limits.
one trip I took the guys from work. By 8am we had 75 in the ice chest all 12-14 inch fish. Tried for Reds all morning long an nada. Tried a little canal and bam 8lb trout. You don't see that large of a fish in the marsh. Played catch and released about 40 fish all 3-8lbs till we were tired.
I have friends who went last week and loaded up with 25 fish spec limits.
Great fishing there with alot of area to fish
Usually go back every year at least once but Covid kept me here.

Sounds like every Fishermans dream!!!! I used to fish Redfish tournaments outta Delacroix, that is an amazing place!!!

Gofish2day 01-05-2021 09:26 PM

WOW - you know the place.
Hopedale and Delacroix are where I grew up fishing and shrimping.
I knew it like the back of my hand when no GPS was available.
Vast marshland!

brad king 01-06-2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gofish2day (Post 24016063)
WOW - you know the place.
Hopedale and Delacroix are where I grew up fishing and shrimping.
I knew it like the back of my hand when no GPS was available.
Vast marshland!

Yes Sir, we used to stay at the little cabins just up from the boat launch. That is an amazing place, I've been telling Corey we need to go spend a weekend there fishing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 12.50%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2019