2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Catfish Supreme

75K views 83 replies 54 participants last post by  mywifeshusband 
#1 ·
This is some of the best catfish I ever had. The wife and I ate it 2 nights in a row. Serve over rice, dirty rice or pasta. Bon Apetit!

Catfish Supreme

2 lbs Catfish fillets

Cajun Blackenening seasoning (Paul Prudhomes)

Hellman's mayo

Butter

1 Cup Sliced fresh Mushrooms

½ Cup chopped Parsley

1 Cup sliced Green Onions

1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined medium Shrimp

2 cans Cream of Shrimp soup

Cayenne pepper and Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste

1. Season catfish well on both sides with blackened seasoning then spread a thin layer of mayo on both sides of each fillet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

2. In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp butter until it starts to sizzle. Sear the fish fillets on both sides (don't cook all the way through) and remove to a large baking dish.

3. In the same skillet add 2 more Tbsp butter and then add the mushrooms, parsley and green onions. When this cooks down some add the shrimp. When the shrimp start turning a little pink reduce the heat to low and add the 2 cans of shrimp soup (the shrimp will finish cooking in the oven). Season to taste with Cayenne pepper & Hot sauce. Stir well to combine and ladle this mixture over the fish fillets.

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

See less See more
#2 ·
Most AWESOME recipe Blake. I had it tonight served over a bed of white rice.

For those of you thinking about making this, it's about as easy a recipe as there is. Very simple!! Also, don't be afraid to add a little extra spice. I held off, fearing it to spicey for my 3 and 5 year old, but, it was not a problem. Very mild. I did coat mine with Louisiana Hot Sauce though.:D

MMMMMM!! Two thumbs up!!

#8 ·
I tried this one time and I'm hooked now...only now the HEBs in my area in Austin don't carry Cream of Shrimp all of a sudden. I guess I cooked it back in July or August, and haven't seen a single can since then. Any heads up on where I can find some?
Thanks in advance!

#20 ·
:headknock
This is some of the best catfish I ever had. The wife and I ate it 2 nights in a row. Serve over rice, dirty rice or pasta. Bon Apetit!

Catfish Supreme

2 lbs Catfish fillets

Cajun Blackenening seasoning (Paul Prudhomes)

Hellman's mayo

Butter

1 Cup Sliced fresh Mushrooms

½ Cup chopped Parsley

1 Cup sliced Green Onions

1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined medium Shrimp

2 cans Cream of Shrimp soup

Cayenne pepper and Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste

1. Season catfish well on both sides with blackened seasoning then spread a thin layer of mayo on both sides of each fillet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

2. In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp butter until it starts to sizzle. Sear the fish fillets on both sides (don't cook all the way through) and remove to a large baking dish.

3. In the same skillet add 2 more Tbsp butter and then add the mushrooms, parsley and green onions. When this cooks down some add the shrimp. When the shrimp start turning a little pink reduce the heat to low and add the 2 cans of shrimp soup (the shrimp will finish cooking in the oven). Season to taste with Cayenne pepper & Hot sauce. Stir well to combine and ladle this mixture over the fish fillets.

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
:headknock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.