2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Tucking 37" tires on a 2" lifted truck?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  StinkyFingerMullet 
#1 ·
I have a good deal available to me, I'd put some nitto 37's on my stock machined finish 5 spoke wheels.

With my Thuren 2" soft ride springs and sulastic shackles, the truck sits dead level with an approximate 2" lift.

I currently have 35's and there's ~1-1+inches of clearance in the front wheel wells, rear aren't really a concern.

Anyone done this and not lost your ability to cut the wheel all the way in? Looking for for first hand experience or close to it. I can't test fit the tires :^(

See less See more
#4 ·
So I have same truck with about the same amount of lift. I never have went up to 37's only 35's or 315's. So with 35x12.50x17 BFG Mud Terrains i had no rubbing at all then I went to 315/75/17 Goodyear Duratracs and I would rub my lower control arms at full turn. So my answer to you is this as far as turning goes as long as your tire width doesn't increase you will not rub when turning. Height shouldn't affect turning. Now will they rub inner fender wells that i don't know. Hope this helps.

#5 ·
I have a 2006 with a 6" superlift and put 37's on my stock wheels. They rubbed on the lower control arms and the bumper when turning full lock. I trimmed the bumper and tried to not turn full lock. Since then I have put BMF wheels and 37's again but with the offset they don't rub anymore.

#6 ·
I got it done. I had to trim a piece about the size of a silver dollar of the bottom of my fender flares. They do rub on the control arms when I get close to lock. Thuren sells .5" longer control arms with a design that elminates the ability to rub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.