2CoolFishing

2CoolFishing (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/index.php)
-   Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   no luck (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=2634733)

TU MO KASSTS 04-05-2019 08:55 AM

no luck

Late report but I fished the surfside surf with live shrimp and caught a small stingray. Then a huge a** stingray. Maybe the biggest stingray I've ever seen with my own eyes. It is what it is. I love the beach.

mccain 04-05-2019 04:07 PM

wont be long now before the surf busts wide open. can't wait!

Illbethere 04-11-2019 04:46 PM

so when does the beach get WIDE OPEN, about what date will it start getting really good? Im thinking about going in mid MAY for several days. You think it might be decent by then, or is it too soon? OF course as long as the weather is ok.

LaddH 04-13-2019 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illbethere (Post 23699295)
so when does the beach get WIDE OPEN, about what date will it start getting really good? Im thinking about going in mid MAY for several days. You think it might be decent by then, or is it too soon? OF course as long as the weather is ok.

It might be a little soon but worth going for sure. It depends on the water condition.
Here are a few from the POC surf from May 25th last year. The sharks had also shown up by then.

mccain 04-14-2019 08:09 AM

ditto. surf trout fishing should start up in the next few weeks. they're already catchin macs on the piers and jetties. the trout wont be far behind. i've had some good trips around Mother's day in years past

Ag03Aj 04-15-2019 10:13 AM

I was just about to post the question of when should I try the surf! I dont make it down very often and will be headed down on Friday. I dont have a boat so I was thinking jetties or surf. Guess it will the jetties!!

hurricane matt 04-16-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ag03Aj (Post 23700921)
I was just about to post the question of when should I try the surf! I dont make it down very often and will be headed down on Friday. I dont have a boat so I was thinking jetties or surf. Guess it will the jetties!!

Little bit more. Jetties an mirrolures!

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

TU MO KASSTS 04-17-2019 04:24 AM

This weekend might be the one! Surf forecast looks to be flat and glassy on saturday morning! Unfortunately I'm going to miss it , but I'm sure some of you fine gentlemen will reap the rewards.

Saltwater Addiction 04-20-2019 07:48 AM

Based on my experience, it's usually around the last week in April or first week in May. Watch the Galveston Fishing Pier's Facebook page. They give daily reports and when they start reporting catches of trout at night, that's when it's time to watch the cams for a flat and green to the beach day.

Sgrill1972 04-21-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illbethere (Post 23699295)

the magic number is 72 degrees for water temp....