2CoolFishing

2CoolFishing (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/index.php)
-   Tobacco Quitters Support Forum (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   DAY 11 Quit smoking (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=1733538)

mtpockets 12-11-2015 12:24 PM

DAY 11 Quit smoking

Quit December 1st. Have been smoking a pack a day for 20+ years and have quit for a year or so several times. Had to start BP medicine in the last year and now have other issues that can resolve themselves if I'll quit smoking and get back to doing some exercise. Started walking early in the morning the day before I quit and have kept that up. It really feels good to walk in the morning before work. I get lots of cravings but put them off and they go away. Cinnamon Sugar free gum has helped. I also get text messages everyday from the quit smoking government website which seems kinda elementary but it does help as a reminder. Also, when I get a craving I text "crave" to the sight and it reminds me how to get through it but it also distracts me from the craving. Oh yeah, poker on my phone has been a big help to distract me at times.

Sorry so long.

Castaway2 12-11-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtpockets (Post 16055610)
Quit December 1st. Have been smoking a pack a day for 20+ years and have quit for a year or so several times. Had to start BP medicine in the last year and now have other issues that can resolve themselves if I'll quit smoking and get back to doing some exercise. Started walking early in the morning the day before I quit and have kept that up. It really feels good to walk in the morning before work. I get lots of cravings but put them off and they go away. Cinnamon Sugar free gum has helped. I also get text messages everyday from the quit smoking government website which seems kinda elementary but it does help as a reminder. Also, when I get a craving I text "crave" to the sight and it reminds me how to get through it but it also distracts me from the craving. Oh yeah, poker on my phone has been a big help to distract me at times.

Sorry so long.

congrats... keep it going ... I will be in this boat at the new year!!!!

iamatt 12-11-2015 01:34 PM

Maybe some motivation for yah. Buddies mother just had her lung removed two days ago, , smoker. The pain she is going through now after the surgery is nothing compared to the 'pain' you get from a nicotine fit. At least the nicfit goes away in 5 minutes. Good luck!

shaggydog 12-14-2015 03:34 PM

Congratulations. Keep it up. I quit in January 1981. I kept a toothpick in my mouth almost all waking hours for a long time.

You can do it.

mtpockets 12-29-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggydog (Post 16087162)
Congratulations. Keep it up. I quit in January 1981. I kept a toothpick in my mouth almost all waking hours for a long time.

You can do it.

Thanks for that. Day 29 and haven't slipped. Have to look at it like its "a matter of life or death".

locolobo 12-31-2015 09:16 AM

Hey Pockets, keep up the good work! You will be proud of it. Will feel better (probably already do). Which will be an incentive in itself.

mtpockets 02-20-2016 09:08 PM

81 days and counting.

sotexhookset 02-20-2016 09:16 PM

Right on bud. You got it licked.

texas skiffaroo 02-28-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtpockets (Post 16816602)
81 days and counting.

I'm four months and counting and want a cigarette 20 times a day, because I too was a pack a day smoker and thought I was safe until the open heart surgery in October.
Eating a lot of carrots and celery and drinking a lot of water helps.
Every time the rush hits me I get a drink of water and it helps and the urge passes in about 5 minutes.
"Good luck and breath through the nose and out the mouth and enjoy it."
Instructions from my heart surgeon.
Now I feel like I'm doing something good for my family, me smoking wasn't.

mcknzAlex 07-05-2019 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan87 (Post 23745127)
I'm trying to quit a few months already and can say for sure that reached good results. I've tried cold turkey and other methods from the Internet. But it helped for a few days. Then I visited this site https://vapingdaily.com/ and decided to try vaping. I had nothing to lose. Now I don't smoke cigarettes at all. Just vape a few times per day. It's a good result for me. I'm reducing the dose of nicotine each week. Hope stop vaping soon too. Wish me good luck

You just bring back a 3-year old thread. :headknock