2CoolFishing - Reply to Topic
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing) > Snapper and CCA - New Statement on website

Thread: Snapper and CCA - New Statement on website Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2CoolFishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-29-2008 04:29 PM
gater
Farmer Jim

This is an old post that might clear things up for you... see if its what your looking for! Gater

Snap Dragin
I did not intend to drag you back into this I was trying to make a point.! Just so you and everyone else understands....

CCA is run by the membership members, the paid staff such as the Executive Director, Assistant Directors, the STAR Director and any other paid staff in that office do not have a vote in this issue or any other. Input can be given from the staff, biologist, lobbyist and others but its the committees, boards and executive committes that make the decisions. These committes and boards are made up of due paying volunteers such as KJON in Sabine. Every Chapter President is a voting member, I think there are around 50 Chapters give or take. The phone numbers for these individuals are posted on the website and many have cell, home, and work numbers there. There are also voting members that are elected to these boards on a 2-3 year running term. If you are a paying member your membership card states what Chapter you belong too.

Just because someone in that office did not return a call or respond to an email does not mean they do not care about your concerns. They are busy, they do a bunch of traveling and cannot respond to each and every communication but believe me your voice is heard. That is why there is a statement concerning this issue on the website.

Once again, I disagree with the stance that CCA has taken but I will not bash them because of it. I support the organization because of what they have done and continue to do. It's your right not to support them if you so choose and I respect that. I don't offshore fish much anymore but I understand your frustrations and concerns and I'll keepy fingers crossed that TP&WD does whats right and keeps things the way they are. Ga
01-29-2008 04:20 PM
Farmer Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by gater
I don't know squat about Snapper and it's problems or how to fix them but I do know CCA...........
In that case could you please tell me who is the "they" who establish CCA positions on issues. Particularly, who determined their position on having Texas adopt the federal Snapper and Shark regulations.

Charlie has expressed his feelings that Dr. Nelson came up with the position. Is it possible that one person has decided the policy position for all of the chapters and the tens of thousands of members on an issue this far reaching and important. Surely no organization representing sportsmen would allow that.
01-29-2008 11:18 AM
parkerb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap Draggin
At least what I say has merit and truth to it, unlike others of YOU on here!
Guess you subscribe to the National Enquirer too?

Little you say is based on facts, except the fact you're angry at CCA. That is your right and anyone elses too, but don't try to make yourself out to be innocent of the stuff you accuse others of doing. You could wind up losing your fan base.
01-29-2008 10:56 AM
Snap Draggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocboy
"Snap gets a little carried away at times and says things that are somewhat unreasonable while trying to protect his position". Wow, the same could be said about you snap. No offense, ok!
At least what I say has merit and truth to it, unlike others of YOU on here!
01-29-2008 10:55 AM
gater
Snap Draggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap Draggin
I would venture to say NONE. I would also speculate that nobody on the "lower" levels was even asked. Gater gets a little carried away at times and says things that are somewhat unreasonable while trying to protect CCA. No ofense Gater, just an observation, OK.
Snap I don't say things that are unreasonable to protect anyone. Statements here about who started CCA, the Redfish and Trout are overpressured and thus we have reduced limits and there are many other statements here that are false. I'm not going to give you a bunch of BS, I have no reason to. I said it before, I don't know squat about Snapper and it's problems or how to fix them but I do know CCA and I do know something about our inshore fishery. So before you make UNREASONABLE statements like the one above, know what you are talking about first. Gater
01-29-2008 09:52 AM
parkerb
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLIE
Parkerb

Maybe you can tell me who "they" are. Not being nasty I would really like to know.

Charlie
PM sent
01-29-2008 09:39 AM
CHARLIE Duplantis

I know you are exactly right. I just think he probably had plenty input on the CCA position. Yes I know all about Dr. Nelson

Charlie
01-29-2008 09:14 AM
Duplantis
Cca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocboy
Charlie, I'm just a peon board member in S.A. who hasn't been able to go to a banquet meeting yet because of my daughters basketball practice. I know nothing as far as Dr. Nelson goes.
Dr. Nelson is the guy who usually (last time I checked) addresses the Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council at their meetings representing CCA's position. He used to be the head of the Florida Wildlife Commission until forced to step aside.
01-29-2008 09:09 AM
rodwade Pocboy,
As a board member can you find out the organizational structure of the company? It seems CCA has no problem sending emails and letters when they are having an auction or a fund raising event, seems an online poll of members should not break the bank. I mean you can even use free online polling services for it.
01-29-2008 08:28 AM
CHARLIE OK Poc, thanks for the quick and honest reply. Hope the basketball team does well. Good fishing.

Charlie
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2019
© 2013 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise