2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend Zeke - 6 1/2 yr old - diagnosed with nerve sheath cancer in his jaw. We would appreciate prayers for him. Vet thought it was bone cancer, although the x-rays did not support that thinking - did the surgery last week to remove the growth. I told him my dog did not have bone cancer, I was not going to accept that. Well, I was right. Pathology results were it turned out to be nerve sheath cancer, not the result I wanted but better than bone cancer.

When they removed the growth they were careful not to get the nerve which they thought was a good thing. Turns out its the nerve that is causing the problem, now they have to go back in and take it out to get a cleaner margin.

Zeke is going back in for surgery. If we get it all, they say he might live for a few more years, if not......lots of talk about radiation therapy, chemotherapy, pros and cons, etc. Bottom line seems to be this particular brand of cancer does not respond real well to any of that and tends to come back. We will fight it with love, prayers and a good canine cancer diet.

While you are thinking about dogs and hunting - send out a little bullet prayer for Zeke.

thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I'm pulling for you and the pup, had to make the decision about chemotherapy on my rott, not an easy one to make.

·
Saw Varsity's Horns Off
554 Posts
You got it man, sending them up for you and Zeke.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
ddakota, Zeke is really a beautiful dog. I can see that you love your dog just like the rest of us love ours. Just a quick prayer for him.

Heavenly Father, we lift up Zeke to you today. He has been diagnosed with nerve sheath cancer which does not respond well to traditional therapy. His family has lots of tough decisions to make in his care. Please give ddakota the wisdom he needs to make the right choices for Zeke. We pray that you will put your healing touch on him and free Zeke from this horrible disease. We also pray that the treatments will be tolerated by him and he will continue to give him a good quality of life until he walks across that rainbow bridge. Give ddakota and his family peace and comfort in these times. In Jesus’s name I pray. Amen.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Will definitely say some prayers for the Zeke'ster and y'all. He looks like a good dog and is obviously surrounded by a lot of love so he's already got a head start on beating this thing! He's got too many ducks to retrieve in his future to let this cancer win!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
ddakota, Zeke is really a beautiful dog. I can see that you love your dog just like the rest of us love ours. Just a quick prayer for him.

Heavenly Father, we lift up Zeke to you today. He has been diagnosed with nerve sheath cancer which does not respond well to traditional therapy. His family has lots of tough decisions to make in his care. Please give ddakota the wisdom he needs to make the right choices for Zeke. We pray that you will put your healing touch on him and free Zeke from this horrible disease. We also pray that the treatments will be tolerated by him and he will continue to give him a good quality of life until he walks across that rainbow bridge. Give ddakota and his family peace and comfort in these times. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.
Amen!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts