2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BILLY STIX AND GULFCOASTRODS are planning a youth fishing tournament this fall. The rules will be 12 and under piers only [since there kids]. We were thinking pine gully park and sylvan beach pier.
We are both in agreement that big fish whatever it is wins and that there will be 5 places. We want as many children to leave with something as possible so we are asking for help from you fine people. raffle prizes, special giveaways, show up gear. and etc. Any help is apreciated. the first place prize will be a custom BILLYSTIX rod and 2nd place a custom GULFCOASTRODS. We need 2 scales for weigh in and the last 3 prizes.
We also need pier moniters to watch the show.
This is a very good way to help the next generation of fisher people get started.
The target dates are either sat. sept. 16 or sat. the 23rd.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE AND ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PRE-REGISTER AND SHOW UP TO FISH. THIS IS TOTALLY A NON PROFFIT DEAL. THE PIER FEES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENTS. WE NEED HELP WITH GOODIES FOR THE KIDS

HELP IF YOU CAN CONTACT EITHER BILLY OR MYSELF
THANKS RANDALL STICKY IF YOU CAN

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Tortuga said:
ttt.......I'm in...
THANKS JIM WE WILL BE IN TOUCH. THE KIDS WILL HAVE FUN AND I THINK THE PARENTS WILL TO.
RANDALL AND BILLY STYX

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
I should be free and clear by then, keep us posted. Can't commit until a major project we have is completed.

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just In From Billy

folks
i just got off the phone with randell we were just talking about how we both feel that this would help our young texas cowboys and cowgirls get into a fine line of living, as i told randall i will be more than happy to build rods for these kids, i would do more if i could.
now i want to talk to 3 of you guys out there that has a little cash.
here is my deal to you i want to build 3 custom billystix "spiralstix"rods for 3 fishermen i would like to get $300 per rod, this money would be sent directly to randall to get some working capatail going, then if you guys and gals all look deep in your purse and pockts you might find an extra $20 to send to randall, wouldn't it be nice to know that you helped say100 kids have a great day just like you and my self have had many,many of the same, i can remember when i was 10 diginn worms for a fish camp so as i could go get my self a new cane pole, cause i had no one to help, so if i had as much fun then as i had just think what we as grown ups could do for this event.
remember no money made on this just trying to help some good kids.
now i am in for 3 very special rods that every time you pick it up you can smile and say not only am i going to be able to fish one of the finest rods built , but i also helped a bunch of kids have fun.
my last plea please sticky this cause its well wort the effort.
ok immmm ready to build the first kids rod????

stix

THIS IS A STAND UP GUY. RANDALL

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Help Me Help You

Ttt Till Its A Sticky This Is For The Kids. They Are Our Future And Yours. Teach Them To Fish And They Will Be Better Americans. Teach Them Conservation And There Will Always Be Fish. Share With Them And They Will Share With Others. Leave Them At Home And They Will Revolt. I Don't Know About You, But The Water The Wind And The Experiance Is A Gift For Everyone, Kids Included. Randall

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
towel supplier

i need a towel supplier. someone that can get 100 little fishing towels that say 2006 youth fishing tournament on them. i know that one of you 2 coolers has this in there pocket and would like to let it go. rockport rattlers has already committed to tackle for the capt. bag for every child. i would like a towel in the bag as well. child gets bag of goodies as soon a he enters the pier. randall

·
Registered
933 Posts
Billy, if I buy another Stix, my wife will shoot me, but who can I send $100 to to help out the cause. This is a great idea!

Bogey

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool

Billy thats is fine with me .I am glad you said something cause I am workin on reels now. How about 1 cast 1 spin . Its up to you tho. RANDALL

·
Registered
933 Posts
WOW, Got home and found my mail, the rods are FANTASTIC Billy, we will be putting on reels and breaking them in this weekend. BTW, my wife got a kick out of her personalization, ;)

Now then, Billy, you need to get your strength up, so leg work is probably what you need, lol.

Randall, check your pm's

Bogey

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
Waaallll, looks like you two ******** need a little help..First..to Randall..IMHO, Billy's idea on spinners is best. Not many 10 year olds are real good with baitcasters....this one is up to you two,though..just my .02

Next..chunk the towel idea and lets try for tee shirts and caps for each kid. I can visualize something in 2cool yellow with 2cool logo on front left..billystix logo on one arm and Gulfcoastrods logo on the other...and..."2006 2cool Kids Fishing Tournament" on the back....I LOVE GAUDY..as you can tell..

I'm up to my arse with Billystix and Randall's fine rods, so I think I might be able to handle the shirts and caps.. Would need Randall to come up with a logo...but I bet he can...

This sounds like a good project..Might consider trying to move it over to TTMB where the traffic flow is heavier..You guys jaw with Mont about that.. Sticky is NICE...

Lemme know....JD

And to Billy...glad you made it thru in good shape. Do what the Docs tell you. We all need YOU...

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
randall
lets go with 2 spin rods, i agree with tortuga a bait caster is a bit much at a young age, also tortuga, great idea on t shirts i had already looked into it but with my personal surgery just aint no way, but i did look at it.
i would love to have my new texas billystix logo on the t shirts and the kids would be all about that for sure.
thanks for your offer tortuga you a stand up kinda guy. you are what texas is all about to me.
stix

Attachments

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
hi randall
i have 1 rod completed will start rod 2 today, going to have decals made for the tourney, will get those ordered today.
i am going to build these 2 rods just a bit bright so as to get the youngsters attetion.
have any idea as to how to word the labels for the rods.
stix

1 - 18 of 18 Posts