2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Send your lump sum to one of the following.....

• Road and Bridge

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Parks and Recreation

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Local Gov't. employees cost of living increase

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • More aggressive prosecution of violent offenders

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Indigent Health Care

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Increase emergency savings (for hurricanes, disasters, etc...)

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some posts for awhile now leading me to think different people are wanting different things out of their local governments.

Let's experiment with this hypothesis.....

Your local government (wherever you are) has decided to let YOU, the taxpayer, decide specifically where YOU want YOUR tax dollars spent. You cannot split it up, it has to be a lump sum directed at ONE of the specific items listed. Each POLL item listed has a lobbying group wanting YOUR tax dollars to support THEIR cause for the good of ALL TAXPAYERS. Where will you send YOUR lump sum?

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Walmart, Kroger, and Shell............I'd prefer a tax cut and spend MY MONEY on what I
want.

You can aggressively prosecute but they still get back out of jail.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
none of the above. if i could send my tax check wherever i wanted, but had to give it lump sum to one entity, it would go to my local school district.

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
School taxes are a different entity - different tax money. We're talking local government.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
i know, but i'm not too impressed with the way my local government spends my tax dollars, so if i could choose where my tax dollars go, i'd give them none, and give it all to the school district.:D

·
Senior Mumbler
11,515 Posts
Gosh, I thought I was giving it all to the school district...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I like the idea of more aggressive prosecution, but that's just a band aid. Too much of a tactical approach. Better to take a strategic approach, if you want the crime to stop.

Give your money to Parks and Recreation.

Develop parks; beautify your local area; increase resident involvement in the community. This will drive up property values, and violent crimes will occur with much less frequency. The area's coffers will be funded more quickly with the additional tax dollars from home owners and local businesses. This will allow you to increase salaries for your local government workers, repair/develop roads, and build an emergency fund in the case of a disaster. As the talented labor force moves into your now desirable neighborhood, businesses will increase their employee compensation packages to ensure that they are able to retain that talent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts