2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the road yesterday! A BOAT! I know that doesn't sound unlikely but this one was on wheels and there were two guys driving it! LMAO!

This was so funny IMO. When I first saw it coming at me from the opposite direction, my first thoughts were "What the He?? is that"? As it got closer, they had to stop and it just blew my mind! It was a aqua colored boat hull that had been mounted on the chasis of a car! Totally hillarious! Two guys were driving it and in the back seat??? of the boat/car it had palm trees in it!

I'm sure it was part of the "art car" scene! Way to cool! Sure wish I'd had more time, I would have turned around and followed them just so I could get a better look (and paste a SCA sticker on it)!

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
wow, i wish i could have seen that kim! too bad you couldnt get a few pictures of it.

trudy

·
Registered
437 Posts
Last year here on the seawall,

I saw one of those cars that can actually be taken on the water. Had the lower unit with the prop and all. Wish I'd had a camera also...

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Kim, sounds like you been drivin' around on the set of a James Bond movie! LOL! Your experience is a great illustration of why you should alway have your camera with youYou never now what you'll get to see. ;)

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
I saw a "boatmobile" a year or so ago...I almost pulled him over to check it out up close..lol. I'm almost certain the color was turquoise...could be the same one.

I did pull a guy over one morning to check out his 1954 5-window Chevrolet pickup...it was totally refurbished and was really neat.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Small World!

Hey! I saw one of those once! It was coming down the road when suddenly a 3-legged dog came out of nowhere and it drove right into a lake to avoid hitting the dog! Next thing I knew, the driver was being hauled off to jail. What a scene!

FC
:slimer:

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
Looks similar to the "Ducks" here in Austin. They drive you around town then drive to the lake and take you around town via the river.

·
Registered
437 Posts
We've got the duck cruises here also.

This was an actual car/boat. Saw them discussed on the travel channel one time. Pretty neat, but they looked like they sat REAL low in the water. One good wake and you might be bailin the water out of your lap...

·
Registered
369 Posts
on TV

Several years ago, Gallagher the comedian had a special on HBO. It opened with him skiing behind a turquoise boat. As they panned back, it turned out to be a boat hull on a car chassis and his water skiis were bolted to skateboards. It was funny to see, until he caught a rock and went down. Broke his arm.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
I think it was last week on Monster Garage, this one guy had a Camaro that he had
modified so that it would drive right into the lake and go..it even pulled a skiier it
went so fast! Should've seen that rooster tail..2Cool!

MEGABITE

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
That car/boat is seen around Nasa Rd One

often, we have a lot of car shows on the weekends. The first time I saw it I thought how cool! The man and woman were dressed in "boating fashion" and in the back seat there was a fishing rod or two. The next time I see it I will try and get a few shots to post up.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's just 2 cool!

Wouldn't it be cool if you could drive the boat from home right to the ramp, into the water, motor offshore for an overnighter, back to the ramp and then home! Whoa, that would save me alot of time! Maybe in the year 2525!

Jan, BTW, that was a one legged dog that Trudy was avoiding when she drove into the lake! Don't you remember? LOL!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
How could I have forgotten!?! I wondered if you were going to see my post. I also wondered if the other folsk thought I had lost my mind! LOL.

Jan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts