2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hairout:eek:ther than a fire about 3 foot high. Sports stars and celebrities getting mink kid glove treatment by LEO's and their kind. If I would have drove my truck into a hydrant and tree they'd drug me from the hospital to read me the riot act. Putting off an investigation ***? He is the best golfer but the rules apply to everyone. The media sucks with their biased reporting that goes all the way to the white house. Pete Rose never belongs in the HOF cuz he ain't nothin' more than a gambler. He got what he deserved. Maybe he should be a poster child for the rest of them. B&P

·
Living life in the 77H20 zip code
846 Posts
It's very simple. They had a fight (over his alleged affair ?) , he stormed out of the house and into the Cadi (thought he was a paid spokesman for buick ??? ) . Pulled out of the driveway with wife in hot pursuit, she grabbed a golf club (imagine that ! ) hurled it at the back window as he was peeling out of the drive, scared the S**t outta him as it broke the rear glass and he lost control and hit the hydrant.

Doesn't take an expert csi to figure this one out.

·
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I didn't qualify for rocket school. But destruction of a fire hydrant would land my white self in the clink overnight. Maybe I should take up golf. B&P

·
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave him credit. He is the best golfer but the rules still apply to all of us. B&P

·
Professional Salesman
9,757 Posts
Well I didn't qualify for rocket school. But destruction of a fire hydrant would land my white self in the clink overnight. Maybe I should take up golf. B&P
Really? Sounds like you need a new PR girl and lawyer.

What perplexes me is that they went to his house to question him (DA & SO trying to get some National publicity).

If I ran over a fire hydrant and tree and was proven sober, the LEOs would have told me to file insurance. What's the big deal?

I am no big Tiger fan, but I would tell everyone that, "I was going out for diapers and formula. No more questions."

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
He is going to get treatment that the rest of us will not get, because he hits a golf ball? And all golf fans will take his side, because he is good blah, blah, blah that just perpetuates the cycle.
Last time I checked what happened is called domestic violence, and in most states it is an automatic ride downtown, so why did he get to tell the police that he, and his wife, were "unavailable", and not in cuffs? *** If you or I tried that we would be in cuffs quicker than ****. The truth will covered up to protect his squeaky clean image. I'm sure Nike's lawyers and PR dept are working around the clock to cover this one up. Nice to see some of that shine knocked off the perfect one. I guess an ultra hot foreign model isn't enough for the golf god,lol.

·
At the gym
4,704 Posts
If I would have drove my truck into a hydrant and tree they'd drug me from the hospital to read me the riot act.
If you or me would have done that, it would not even make the news.

It never ceases to amaze me how folks get all caught up in the lives of celebrities. Maybe if no one gave a carp about the personal lives of them and their shenanigans, then it would not be news at all.

Who really care about Tiger Woods crashing his car or his personal problems?

Sheeeeesh.........Try this at home, turn off ALL the news for two weeks. After two weeks you will see how enjoyable life can be without all the screwed up news piped into your home.

The news is NEVER on at our house. The only time I see it is at work and I do not even pay attention to it. Well I do to the weather.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
I don't believe that he is *required* to hang around his house to be interviewed by leos and he's not required to admit them without a warrant. All he was required to do was provide his driver license, registration, and insurance for a traffic accident. Any sobriety tests would have been performed at the scene of the accident or at the hospital. Unless he's under arrest, he can do whatever he pleases (just like any other American citizen). If they want him to come downtown to answer questions, I'm guessing they should either arrest him or wait until he's ready to grant interviews, no?

I'm thinking that this was made into a big deal BECAUSE he was a celebrity, not that he's getting away with something for that reason. People reach down to change the radio, pick up cell phones, get distracted by imaginary pelicans and run over stuff, into lagoons, and into trees everyday. I doubt that the majority of them ever get visited by a leo after the fact. Probably very few of the collisions involving another person even get visited after the fact. A phone call usually answers most, if not all, of the questions.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.