2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that I consistently out cast in distance all my fishing guests. I will even switch rods and reels with them and still outcast them. I have often wondered why? I have finally come to the realization that it is be because of my Yoga. Perhaps at the start of 2010, you too should consider Yoga to improve your casting skills. The attached Yoga video is the program I do each morning. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Man...I like this stuff, but the shipping is a KILLER, unless you order $200 worth (Free). Chickenboy, What is the quality of the products they provide? Is it worth getting $200 dollars of stuff?

CB

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part of my goal for 2010 is to be a source of inspiration for the finer things in life for my fellow 2Coolers. For the next 8 weeks, I will be at FatBoys' (how appropriate) Pier at 6AM each Saturday morning conducting a Yoga class, entitled Yoga for Fishermen. When you start learning about Yoga, you will learn many of the Yoga positions are named after animals and other creatures. The first week we will learn the Upward Dog, the Downward Dog, the Strechin' Sheephead, the Upward Rising Red, and the Twisting Trout. I will also go over proper Yoga mat selection the first week. Please don't buy the slick kind of mat at Academy/WalMart. A simple beach towel will be fine for the first week.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
downward dog is a must have for men in the back of the class..................women up front

·
PGA Member
7,828 Posts
Thanks, I.ve been looking for a new stretching routine, Chickenboy, do you follow it too the t?

·
There's no time like overtime!
8,926 Posts
Ya'll go ahead and start without me. I'll be along when it's time to cast off.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you practice at home, by week 3 you will be able to do this. Just imagine your casting distance.

·
Recovering Workaholic
5,922 Posts
I can just see you teaching yoga at Fatboy's, Joe. Within the first couple of minutes ALL your students (and everybody else watching) will have mastered WEEK 2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts