2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was at SLP the other day and some guy was just KILLING the trout on some small yo-zuri lure. it had some great side to side action and was relaly small. anyone know the name of it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've seen guys hammering them under lights with a crystal minnow.

I like almost all the Yozuri line, something about them really looks good. Of course, they mostly catch ME at the store, LOL!

But the Banana Boat is one of my favorite topwaters because it is easy for me to work, and I have a lot of confidence in them.

The other Yozuris I have have caught fish too, I just really dig them all around.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can find this one at Academy. Rapala Husky Jerk HJ-8 Glass Minnow.

This will slay trout under the lights. Fish it with a 1/4oz bullet weight, swivel, and short leader to fish it deeper when neccessary.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Kevin-
The lure he was using is called a yozuri 3-D fingerling. You can get them at fishing tackle unlimited or on the internet. But take DPGs advice and go with the rapala husky jerk. It's about half the price and teh hooks are much better. If you do decide to get the yozuri, be sure to change the hooks out w/ no. 8 3X hooks or you'll lose a lot of fish. Trust me I've done that already and it gets really frustrating. I fish the pier quite a bit, if you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm. Later, B

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yo-Zuri 3D Fingerling
The finely detailed "scaled" finish of the suspending 3D Fingerling is enhanced by an internal strip of highly reflective prism tape that provides a strike-provoking 3Dimensional effect. A pair of over-sized eyes and set of molded-in pectoral fins add to the lifelike appearance. Steel balls located inside the Fingerling rattle and vibrate on the retrieve and assure maximum casting distance. The suspending 3D Fingerling will dive to a depth of 6 feet and is most effective worked with a jerk-twitch retrieve. Suspending, 2-3/4", 1/4 oz. Enlarge Photo
Qty Color Size Our Price Clear Minnow 2.75" $ 8.99 Ghost 2.75" $ 8.99 Gold/Black 2.75" $ 8.99 Perch Pattern 2.75" $ 8.99 Tenn Shad 2.75" $ 8.99

http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/showcase.cfm?PID=1835

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
kevin122344 said:
it was lipped. yeah that husky jerk looks really similar.

im gonna try those and the rat-l-traps next time. thanks!

do any of these lures work well when wading during the day?
I've never used a husky jerk, though I like the looks of it and might just have to pick up a few and give them a try. I do throw rattle traps on a regular basis, chrome/chartreuse, and they work well on trout in deeper water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts