2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crew and I, will pull mine down to Venice in two weeks and fish 2-3 days. Leave out of Venice, stop and catch bait a Cognac head over to Lena and others and search for the Great YFT. Any reports or suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Just returned from Port Eads. No blue water at Cognac or Lena. Not saying there aren't tuna, just the blue water was more towards Mars/Ursa. Some nice fish were caught on the rip southeast on a 170 heading out of south pass. The water was pushing east southeast at about 15 nm a day and was pretty torn up by friday and was 42 nm from the pass. But!!, things will change by your trip and I suspect for the better. Good luck-Tom

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yft

CaptFry,
The Deepwater Nautilus accounted for a 191 lb YFT during the Emerald Coast Tournament this weekend out of Sandestin, Florida, but it's out there - 110 NM SE from Port Eads. Na Kika and Cajun Express were pretty consistent last week on tuna, but nothing exremely large.
All the best,
Tom Hilton

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, thanks for the replies. Kinja, Mars has been productive in the past one trip 11 YFT to 90lbs and once two, with the largest being 130lbs class. Tom, Nautilus is a little out of range but I'll watch the other two. Tom, I received your new book with the 3D bottom as a gift last year, it's a great resource.

Thanks,

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts