2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's not in the on line version, but in today's Galveston Daily News, there's a pic of a 40 incher caught off the pier.

I sure hope they didn't eat it. ;)

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
Yellow fin tuna

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
or the guy that caught a "group" I sure miss Vince, but he has to be grinnin' at what's been printed lately.

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,991 Posts
Mont said:
it's not in the on line version, but in today's Galveston Daily News, there's a pic of a 40 incher caught off the pier.

I sure hope they didn't eat it. ;)
Must have been the "blunt nosed" subspecies. Hahaha.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
What good investigative reporting! LOL Call it in and bingo,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
I've never made the mistake of trying to eat a Jack Crevalle, but what exactly is wrong with their meat? Red meat, or mushy or ???

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I had an asian customer catch a big jack, and he made me filet it for him. I never did find out if it was any good, but that sure was some red meat.

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,213 Posts
Brian Castille said:
lol......I liked the one about the guy cathing his first yahoo at the Fogg too.
that was me that caught the yahoo at the fogg! the new lady at the GCDN must not know her *** from a hole in the ground??

·
Fair chase fisherman!
863 Posts
I have seen alot of people mistake Jacks for YFT. I quit correcting them after the last one I corrected got ****** and called me an idiot. I just told him fine enjoy your tuna buddy!!

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,991 Posts
It's amazing how many people mix up obvious fish.

A few years ago in Jacksonville, FL my relatives were in the big kingfish tournament. I forget what the top kingfish at the time was, but they said some guy comes up to the scale with his game bag, pulls out a fish, throws it on the scale and starts talking smack that he won the whole thing because nobody was going to beat his 80 pound kingfish. After about 5 seconds of smack talking, the weighmaster said, "Get that fish off my scale!" The guy asked why and the weighmaster said, "This is a KINGFISH tournament, NOT a wahoo tournament!"

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Lol

And that tuna right there goes great with R3F's pine board recipe. lol Man if they started catching YFT at Seawolf it would be lined thicker than a good year flounder run. Could you imagne fighting one while wading? Whew, talk about a ride. lol We watched a fella at the Sabine gathering in 2002 catch hardhead after hardhead right by us at the pavillion and keep every one. Said they make good soup. Yukkkkkkkkkkkkooooooooooooo!

Z

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
jeff.w said:
I've never made the mistake of trying to eat a Jack Crevalle, but what exactly is wrong with their meat? Red meat, or mushy or ???
There's a popular recipe for Jack Crevalle that goes like this:
Fillet fish
Season fish on both sides
Place fillet on pine board
Place on hot grill, board down until fish is done
Take fillet off of board and throw away
Eat the board

·
Registered
308 Posts
If thats the case....I guess I caught a YFT at the North Jetty last week! I must of mistaken it for a jack! :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts