2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I've got a buddy that sells them & YES they're cool, WAY COOL, but in my opinion way too expensive. You can buy several new Igloo coolers over a 6 year period that ='s (1) Yeti. With a regular Igloo you can toss it around, bang it up & not worry about it. If it busts buy replacement parts or just simply buy another one. I'd baby the expensive Yeti too much.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I have 3 of them, 65 qt, 85 qt and 120 qt.

If they are worth it or not just depends on you and your needs. They do work very well and will last far longer than and Igloo brand.

For me I wanted to keep ice/drinks/fish/deer cold without having to fill the cooler up with ice every other day. I also wanted something tougher than my previous Igloos. I can stand on my Yeti and power wash it clean..... Yetis fit my needs perfectly, but my needs may differ from yours.

Hurricane Ike took my big ice maker away at the bay, so I now am now stuck buying bags of ice for the boat. This is a pain. With the Yetis I buy a bag or two on my way down and it lasts all weekend. Yes, you can buy lots of bags of ice for what at Yeti costs, but I value my time and not having the pain in the arse of constantly going to the store for ice (and replacement hinges and parts for traditional coolers) makes the Yeti's worth it for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yes, theyre expensive, but think about all the people you can impress with your expensive cooler! everyone will see it and say "that guy must be rich-- he has a Yeti! -- he is soooo cool! " Go buy yourself a bunch of igloos and stack em up in your garage, academy sells replacement hinges and handles if you need em. :wink:

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, theyre expensive, but think about all the people you can impress with your expensive cooler! everyone will see it and say "that guy must be rich-- he has a Yeti! -- he is soooo cool! " Go buy yourself a bunch of igloos and stack em up in your garage, academy sells replacement hinges and handles if you need em. :wink:
and then someone steals it! case and point....2010 F250 King Ranch diesel, 7 weeks old, stolen (and yes, i'm STILLLL PO'd about that whole deal)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have two that came with my boat. They are awesome but there are a number of drawbacks. I purchased them with my boat because I like to take my boat on weekend trips. If you pick your boat up in the morning, fish during the day, then stick it back in storage that night they are, IMO, not worth the money. If you are goign to use one as a platform for any reason then they are worth it. They are very heavy. I have two 85qt Yeti's and while they are hands down the best cooler I personally have owned they are overkill for day trips. If you plan on keeping items for more then a couple days they are fantastic and well worth the money.

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
cost out weighs the value.

POC, they stole your truck to get your Yeti? Man that sux!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just make sure you put a lock on it if you plan on leaving it in the back of the truck. I know several prople that have had them grow legs.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Yup, they are worth it if you plan on holding ice for several days (i.e. trip to the lease, west texas, mountains). I have a 120 and it will hold two bags of ice for 5 days in hot weather and too long to wait in cooler weather. If you have no need for holding something cool for multiple days, don't buy it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If they are worth it or not just depends on you and your needs. They do work very well and will last far longer than and Igloo brand.

For me I wanted to keep ice/drinks/fish/deer cold without having to fill the cooler up with ice every other day. I also wanted something tougher than my previous Igloos. I can stand on my Yeti and power wash it clean..... Yetis fit my needs perfectly, but my needs may differ from yours.

X2 I have 2 of the fiberglass ones and to me they are well worth the money.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts