2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I scored BIG! My wife has asked me to take her to Yellowstone for her 40th birthday this summer. We will be there July 1st-13th. We have done a decent amount of research but I still want yalls input on where to go and what to see. Any and all input is appreciated. Thx in advance. Oh we will also be spending 3 days in Glacier National Park as well.

· Registered
89 Posts
Most of the travel guides cover things well for both parks. Glacier... Road to the Sun is a major drive attraction. I liked the Glacier Park Lodge. It is surely worth a stay if you can. Old Faithful Lodge in Yellowstone is a cool one too. Not sure there is any hidden attractions that are not commonly published. For me staying in the old lodges was a huge part of the trim. So much history. You may want to fly fish. Easy to use up days in both parks. Wish I was going.

· Registered
200 Posts
West Yellowstone has all the hot springs and geysers.
North Yellowstone and the Lamar Valley has the abundance of wildlife
West Yellowstone has pretty narrow two-lane roads and if for some reason a tourist wants to stop and video Buffalo or moose and not pull over, it came back the whole road up for hours

· Registered
4,104 Posts
We flew into Salt lake city and drove up to jackson hole. Sure wish I would have spent the night there. Very interesting place.
Stayed in Wyoming at the east entrance for one night. The road in yellow stone is a big figure 8.
Stayed on the Bottom of the figure 8 for several days and then top of the 8 the remainder near the north entrance.
Wonderful place. Try to get off the beaten path and do some hikes. Drove out the west entrance into idaho and down back to Salt lake for the flight out.
Have fun!!!

· Almost Time
631 Posts
Don't forget about going to the Tetons! My favorite between the 2 parks.

My suggestion is make a plan for the day of attractions you want to see and stick to it. The park can get super crowded at the big attractions.

Plan an evening trip to Mammoth Hot Springs. Elk will come into the little town square and eat the green grass.

Do a horseback ride in the morning. We used Grand Teton and Jackson Hole Horseback Riding - Teton Horseback Adventures and really enjoyed the ride.

Also, check the website for any closures due to the flood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts