2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a yellowish tint on my boat hull that won't come off with scrubbing. It's right at the water line. Any suggestions on removal?? Thanks for your help!

·
Tripped Outtings
2,261 Posts
YES

Sta-Brite rust and stain remover, as you spray it on, the yellow just dissappears. rinse off and your done. get it at academy sports and outdoors.
i always dilute it 50/50 and it works just as good as full strength(saves $$ and product). It's the best stuff I've ever used and not harsh on anything.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Star-Brite

BIG PAPPA said:
Sta-Brite rust and stain remover, as you spray it on, the yellow just dissappears. rinse off and your done. get it at academy sports and outdoors.
i always dilute it 50/50 and it works just as good as full strength(saves $$ and product). It's the best stuff I've ever used and not harsh on anything.
I second that, they also have it at walmart its like 8 bucks, cant beat it

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I get a reddish brown stain on mine when I leave it the creek too long, and just use a mixture of dishwashing soap and clorox to remove it, apply with a car washing brush.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
FSR stain remover. Or the West Marine knock off - it comes in a little plastic jar and is blue. It WILL work. Pricey but it is the only thing that really works. Takes off rust stains - takes off everything.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I fought this a while on my hull in POC. Was told to use Sunny Delight orange juice and a rag and it would wipe right off. I figured, what the heck...Sure enough, a trip to Speedy Stop and a bottle of Sunny Delight $1.99 and it came off immediately. I couldn't believe it! Great deal. Not sure I want to drink anymore Sunny Delight, though! Did try several other ideas first, to no avail.

·
The Ole Reprobate
796 Posts
"The Works"

mcw said:
I fought this a while on my hull in POC. Was told to use Sunny Delight orange juice and a rag and it would wipe right off. I figured, what the heck...Sure enough, a trip to Speedy Stop and a bottle of Sunny Delight $1.99 and it came off immediately. I couldn't believe it! Great deal. Not sure I want to drink anymore Sunny Delight, though! Did try several other ideas first, to no avail.
If the above doesn't work , try "The Works" , it's a tub & tile cleaner found at your grocery stores cleaning section. Has basic ingrediants as Star Brite but a little stronger. Spray it on the dry (but not hot) hull , let it sit for a few minutes , then wash off with soap and water. That's what I used to keep the hull of my Parker white

·
88 Ag
6,223 Posts
I'll second The Works....Walmart used to sell it but it looks like Randalls is the one selling it now. Spray it on and you can see the yellowish brown stain line disappear and then rinse with water.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i've always used sno-bowl, or some other thing like CLR...

works great.. don't get it on your aluminum or galvanized trailer, as it can mess them up.... and be sure whatever you use to use a good wax (i like 3M marine wax) afterward!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tboltmike's yellow problem

tboltmike said:
I tried all of that too, and its still yellow!!
Hey Tboltmike, to get the yellow off your boat you'll need to get a bucket of grease....elbow grease.......lots of it. I like the pic of your boat there. You funny guy LOL.
Let us know how it goes!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts