2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is rediculous!!! Because the punk *ss yankess fans can't control themselves we are seeing the ninth inning of the ALCS played with cops in riot gear lining the field!!! Best fans in the country, I THINK NOT!!!! Have a little respect for the game!!! Absolutely disgusting, kind of like their city....

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry Mont, can you move this to the message board?

·
Dickinson
2,530 Posts
yes, disgusting. BUT, what's the difference between knocking the ball out of a fielder's glove and jarring the ball lose on a collision with the catcher @ home plate?

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
the fielder was not standing in the base line - like a catcher normally would be.

*****-Rod intentionally reached out and slapped the fielders forearm to knock the ball loose. Call it an accident if you want - but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
podnuh said:
yes, disgusting. BUT, what's the difference between knocking the ball out of a fielder's glove and jarring the ball lose on a collision with the catcher @ home plate?
Have you ever watched baseball, or played baseball?........................later,Dave

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,918 Posts
You know, my six year old son knew that it wasn't legal. He said "Dad, he can't do that", and I guess trying is one thing but arguing after you get caught? The fans, well what do you expect? think the benches will empty tonight? I figured that there would be some action away from the playing by now.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Guys, it really wasn't a big deal at all. A-Rod did what any other player would do under the circumstance. It's not like someone in hockey checking someone into a wall or a late hit in football. There was no intention to injure, just to dislodge the ball. It was no different than sliding a bit outside the basepath to break up a double play. It was definitely intentional, and that means he's out for doing it, but this is getting more attention that Tavarez throwing at Bagwell's head on a 3-0 pitch, which was a DELIBERATE attempt to injure someone. Any pitcher knows that on a 3-0 pitch, you ain't throwing off the inside of the plate. It's ridiculous. And yes, Dave, I've played baseball! ;) :D

I agree with the original post for the most part...it was a disgusting display by the fans. I disagree, though, about them being terrible fans. On the contrary, they are typically among the best fans in America.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I agree with shaddy. They are professionals and get paid to get it done. I am sure he has been coached on how to do it even. It is not a big deal. Good thing he got caught though. I would prefer to see the yanks loose. Now without arod they have a better chance of doing just that.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Me too Jeff catcher and starting pitcher allstared 3 years in a row. This is the reason I know this, my point is yup its late in the year.....but its also late in the year to the pitcher which could have ended his year. So I drew my conclusion as what if he had ended his season. Now theres contraversy (sp?). Man I miss playing baseball.........later,DAve

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Yea

I heard some guy has the distinction of throwing the very last pitch in a SWC baseball game!:wink: And it was a STRIKE! LOL

Z

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
LOL! Who told you that? Oh, BTW, it was the last event ever in SWC history. :D

Dave, I don't think there was any intent whatsoever to hurt their pitcher. It was simply attempting to jar the ball loose. Had he swung at him, run over him, cleated him in the knee, etc., I would agree. IMHO, A-Rod was in no way attempting to injure him or take him out of the game. Don't forget how close to the basepath the pitcher was. He could've easily clobbered him if he wanted to, but that ain't his style.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Argo said:
I agree with shaddy. They are professionals and get paid to get it done. I am sure he has been coached on how to do it even. It is not a big deal. Good thing he got caught though. I would prefer to see the yanks loose. Now without arod they have a better chance of doing just that.
WHy do you say without A-Rod, did he get suspended. I have not heard that. I do not care who wins, I hope they play another 15, 16 or 17 inning gane and use wear out their pitchers.(adantage stros), I am ****** about how ESPN is treating the NLCS like a little league game, no coverage at all.no respect I tell ya/

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Jeff it was just a what if question, thats all. Stranger things have happened.............later,Dave

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
When shad said he was out I was thinking of the game not just "yoouuuuuurrrrr ooouuutttttttttttttttttt" I didnt see the event we are talking about though.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts