2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No Hero pictures don't need them.
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where to find

Anyone know where to buy Yamaha Ring Free at a discount? I bought a 32oz bottle yesterday 36.95 pus tax.

·
See ya on the flats!
1,840 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago, and noticed that it went up too. As oil goes up so does everything else! I think I paid the same amount.

Late,
Cox

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Where do you guys buy Ring Free?

I looked at Academy and Westside Marine and no bueno! I have been told to mix a bottle of this stuff into a full tank of gas and your Yami says yummy! Is this stuff really that good?

·
TopWater Tango
895 Posts
Hullahopper said:
Where do you guys buy Ring Free?

I looked at Academy and Westside Marine and no bueno! I have been told to mix a bottle of this stuff into a full tank of gas and your Yami says yummy! Is this stuff really that good?
I think the rate is 1 oz of ring free to 10 gal of gas.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
That stuff costs a dealer 25 dollars a qt. plus its a hazmat frieght shipment which adds approx 4-5 dollars to each bottle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Boats Etc on Hwy 146 in La Porte sells it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ring Free is a concentrate of Chevron Techron. Your local auto parts store may make you a deal on a case of Techron. Doubleing the dose recommended on the Techron container gets you somewhere close to Ring Free at 1 o/z per 10 gallons

Within reason ! You cannot overdose with Ring Free, much less with Techron.
I have competed in RFC, and FLW, events where I have made 100 + mile runs, one way.
I mix 16 o/z Ring Free to 60 gallons fuel for added lubrication for long WOT runs.
I run almost all my long haul events with a '99 Yamaha 200, 3.1 L. OX-66. If you look at the key real hard, she still starts.

However, if you dump a concentrated mixture of Ring Free or Techron into the tank having had no previous maintanance use of these products. Expect at least spark plug fouling from the carbon flakes being cut from the piston, rings, and heads.

I'm not sure I would use the high dose mentioned above with an HPDI, but I have used about half that ratio on my F-90 four stroke on the little boat.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ditto on the carbon and plug fouling when putting the shock treatment amount. I don't run it very often. I'll shock it once a year and maybe a little in the next tank of gas. It will knock the carbon loose. My local shop said that ring free was techron also.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think purchasing R/F over the internet may be difficult. The reason being, Haz/Mat shipping in small quantities will be cost prohibitive. The Yamaha dealer has it shipped in on a private freight carrier along with other Haz/Mat's from Yamaha. Suprisingly the cost of a quart of gelcoat shipped direct to me from my boat manufacturer, is exceeded by H/M related shipping costs.

rk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts