2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered user of Live bait
177 Posts
this deer was killed in cherokee county, he is proof that the 13 inch rule is starting to work, for us anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
this is best deer killed this year off my lease my dad shot him... Am not trying to show him off i just like to what gets killed in my area.. Nacogdoches,Tx
Nice buck !! Have only seen one like that, (last year), where I'm hunting in Nac. county. Never did see him this year though we had a few good ones around, just never got a clear shot.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
First is mine from this season, a personal best. Second and third are my 7 year old son's first two bucks... also his personal bests. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice Bucks guys, I hunt East TX and there are some bruisers out there but the competition level of getting one SURE IS HIGH! HAHA But I love the piney woods!

Roach~ Good luck on your final hunts! Did you ever see the deer again that had been shot by another hunter?

·
Hedgehog in the house
1,796 Posts
well since all yall posting this.. pm me if yall have any openings on your lease, me and another hpd officer are looking at 2010 lease options

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Awesome bucks! The only parts of the state I have never deer hunted in are deep South Texas and East Texas. I would love to find a lease in East Texas to hunt a few years one of these days. The pine trees and bottoms are beautiful, and with the 13" rule in place, maybe some more bucks will make it to maturity now despite the year round Bubba factor we all here about in East Texas. One of the most awesome mounts I ever saw was an 11 point taken 9 miles East of Huntsville in 1997 that green scored 160. And Redfishr has several awesome mounts he took in east Texas. If they get the age, they will be as good as any bucks in the state.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
people dont relize that east texas holds some deer. alot of people dont hunt east texas cause you have to work to kill your deer. i had one man tell me he had some deer feed for me and he pulled out a bag of pine needles as a joke...i laughed then i showed one of the bucks i killed.

·
"Roach"
476 Posts
Nice Bucks guys, I hunt East TX and there are some bruisers out there but the competition level of getting one SURE IS HIGH! HAHA But I love the piney woods!

Roach~ Good luck on your final hunts! Did you ever see the deer again that had been shot by another hunter?
Yep he's still kickin! I'm getting pics of him all the time, we'll see happens. I got two more of my regulars limping around now. A tall 3.5yr old 8pt that broke his leg right above the hoof (fighting i'm assuming, his G3 broke off about the same time his leg went) and another small 2.5/3.5yr old 8pt that's been limping for a few weeks but I can't tell what's hurting him. My buddies are calling my hole the "nursing home" now. -Roach

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
nice deer guys..... just more proof if people would get away from that "if it's brown it's down" attitude in east texas, there would be a lot more NICE deer for everyone.

(that, and if you could get those ******** to stop hunting year around...)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts