2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flying into El Paso Aug 7 enroute to Mexico and will be spending Aug 13 night in El Paso before flying out on Aug 14 back to NC.

Any good place to eat steak...
or good entertainment place
suitable for wife and me?

No Gay bars
or Hoochie Mamma clubs

And No Habla Espanol...I'm frum Nawth Carolina

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Yo Fishman

I'm going to link this post to the TTMB. Among all those Texans there has to be someone from El Paso.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Isn, t that where the great Marty Robbins Hung out?? Or did he just sing about it??

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,543 Posts
It's been a while since I was in El Paso, but check to see if Chico's Tacos is still there. I'm sure it is, it's been there forever. It's one of those local "must do" places but where the food is excellent.

You asked about a steak? You don't go to El Paso to eat steak, you go to eat Tex-Mex food!

But, lol, if you have to eat steak, try Pelican's Steaks. They have a grilled Ribey that will have you saying, "wow".

Have fun, pay attention to your surroundings and stay out of Juarez.

TH

·
Typical Texan
8,413 Posts
My parents live in El Paso. They moved there after I was long gone out of the house so, I don't know that much about it other than to echo the previous warning.

Stay away from Juarez! There is a reason all of those people risk their life to get here any way possible.

I can tell you is that Pepper's in Alamagordo, NM has the best enchillada's I have ever eaten. That is not El Paso but, if you make a day trip to White Sands then I highly recommend it.

Go on the Trans-Mountain Hwy and check out all the city lights at night. Other than that, ????

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
And!

Make it a MUST to visit the train station in El Paso. We had a midnight layover there when on the Amtrak on the way to Arizona.

The train station was old time history. My son insisted I leave the train to go inside the station. It was INCREDIBLE! I felt like I was in the early days of the West!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts