2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the guys on our lease called me Saturday and said he almost got bitten by a big rattler hiding in a big clump of grass by a protein feeder leg. He heard the rattle and it hit his pants leg before he could get out of the way. They disposed of it and if was just under 5' and had 11 rattles. With all the rain there is a whole lot more places for venemous creatures to hide so watch yourself when you go. I have never felt the need to wear snake boots in Junction but they are on my list to buy before I go again. I'm taking more undies with me too!

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard Head said:
We keep an area of at least 20 yards cleared around our feeders. Our deer actually prefer an open area except when they bed down. It's nothing to see deer/axis bedded down in open fields under a big open area oak tree.
This snake was in a clump of grass that would not normally be there inside the feed pen with a 3000# feeder. The deer normally have it trampled down pretty good but with this much rain I guess they couldn't keep up! I've only seen about 10 rattlesnakes in over 20 years on our place but this one was a biggun and holding his ground!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.