FISHERMAN
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics from today.

Attachments

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
Dang, it doesn't even look no where near the same. I hate being 8k miles from home, i haven't even seen pictures of my house and land.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Did you access your house by boat or beach? That one gut thru the road is huge. Your house faired well.

·
FISHERMAN
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got there by boat but there were some trucks making it to Key Largo also. I also saw a large dump truck back filling the washed out section of the BWH just west of Key Largo. So mabey it will not be years before the road is back. I did not make it down to Ernies but from a distance it looks like the bottom half is gone. The big white Bay house at Christmas Point along with most of the others are gone. The bay houses that are still standing are in very bad shape. The bay seems to be no worse for wear as all the debris looks to have ended up along the Blue Water Highway. There is whats left of a travel trailer in the Key Largo cannal other than that it seems clear. I have heared that we will be with ou power till spring. I did not have a lot of time to check out more of the area because I had to work till after noon our plant is just starting to get back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts