2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just renewed my XM from the 3 mth trial version.

I did a quick internet search and found that people have been renewing at a $77 rate plus a $11 music royalty fee....So, $88.

The renewal letter I got in the mail had a "special" of $142.45 for 1 year........

The number I used was 1-800-347-0600

according to the site I found the special on, that # must be used, not the other #s.

The thread the special is mentioned in started in 2008, just before XM and Serius merged. The last post in the Thread was from Nov 2009, and it worked for me today 1-10-10.

The only thing that bothered me is that I asked what their best offer was, and the lady mentioned something inther than the offer in my mailer, and didn't mention the $77 deal.............I brougt it up, and without question she used that special. i wonder if you could say there was a $xx special and you want that.............

anyway, just thought I'd pass it on.

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,212 Posts
You can score it for as low as 25 bucks a year if you try hard enough. Might take more than on call to get to the right person. Ask to be transferred to retentions.

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
I had the $77.00 a year special. Then after the year was up, it went to $14.95. I threatened to cancel and she wouldn't budge. I ended up agreeing to $14.95 and adding my wife for another $6.95. I am probably going to call them back and cancel altogether.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
sirius know my subscription is up in feb. sent me an email saying thanks for staying with us , like yea ok, so i sent them one saying i know yall know im suppose to renew in feb. but money is tight and what kinda deal can you offer me to renew? im not just saying this to try to get a cheaper deal its jus reality, what offers, otherwise i may not be able to renew

·
Banned
535 Posts
I'd pay a lot more than I currently do before I'd ever go back to terrestrial radio.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,308 Posts
I used to let them cancell it and they would call a week later. Then i would jew them down to $9 a month(108)yr

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I been getting the 77 a year for 4 years now.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
You might want to check into a lifetime deal. I got mine a few years ago for $199. I am sure that it is more than was back then.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've been getting the $77/yr deal too for a couple of years. Had a neighbor ask me about it and so he called and was refused so I told him to get his wife to call so she did and she got the $77/yr.....lol

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have been getting $77 per year since '06 after my free one year trial was up after I bought my truck. You may need to cancel your subscription and wait a couple weeks but, they will call you back and offer you the $77 per year deal. If you go right to the retentions dept. you may get it outright. Didn't know there were better deals out there than that so I may try for it but, this is the first I heard of an $11 music royalty fee. That one sounds bogus to me.

·
It's fish spelled backwards!
570 Posts
I cancelled after my free year on my new truck and got a call a month or so later offering 5 months for $20. I took it. That is only $4 per month.

·
Registered
257 Posts
XM Renewal

The $77/yr has been around for several years. As has been mentioned you may have to threaten to let it drop and have them forward you to the retention dept. before you can get it. Also, they are bad about getting your credit card number or your bank routing number off of a check if you pay with a check and then next year they will automatically bill your credit card or hit your bank for the full price of a year's renewal. Tell them to send you a bill and then pay with a money order. It will cost an extra $2 for a handling fee but you will avoid a lot of hassles. Another trick is to renew before your current year is up. If you don't they will bill you the full amount/month from when it expires until you get the $77/year reinstated. If you do decide to drop them they may still try to bill you and may even send a collector after you. They are not very customer friendly.

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
I jsut got mine today..

XM eveeything 142.42
Best of Sirius 44.44

Total 188.89.

seems high to me.. i need to make soem calls to understand and ***** until i get a lower rate.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Are you saying they added the $11/month royalty fee on top of that $189 or what ever ? My trial is about to come due and I am reading this thread with a lot of interest. I like it, but COM' ON MAN that is crazy.

We just got a new equinox and it has a USB port where you can plug in a flash drive. Wife has got about 10MB of stuff on i tunes. I can buy a lot of flash drives for $200 a year and have uninterrupted music. I like their line up, but unless I get a deal better than $77 /year with NO royalty, I'm gonna tell them to kiss ol' spot.

Skeeter Bait

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
got my answer from sirius today, guess my renewal is out this year. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe selling my boombox and reciever,, last yrs total was142.00 , and music royalty fee, hhhaaaaa
ask if i could make payments they said yea 2 any part now and the rest by renewal date by feb. 4, nice option.

Thank you for contacting SIRIUS regarding your concern. We're here to
help.

The full amount to renew your subscription for another year will be
$174.21. SIRIUS Everything - Annual Service - 1 Yr Term Billed Annually
$142.45 + $21.79 Music Royalty Fee + $9.97 City & State tax = $174.21.

We value you as a customer and if you are experiencing a challenging
issue or have questions about your service, we can help. If you have
any further questions, we will be more than happy to help.

We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If
you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer
Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

1-888-539-7474

As well as by email at:

www.sirius.com/customercare

And you can always manage your account 24/7 by visiting our website at:

www.sirius.com

Sincerely,

Lany F
SIRIUS Customer Care

Did you know that SIRIUS has great money-saving billing options? You