2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that I got my first choice for my October mule deer hunt in region D Wyoming. This will be our first trip hunting public land and if any of yall have hunted that area and have any info you could pass on it would be greatly appreciated.
I can't wait--time to start training for all the hiking I will be doing!
Mike

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
i have not hunted that area in perticular but my advice from someone who has hunted public land up there is get a good GPS and some topo maps from the US geological servey. they have the only ones that i know of that show the public and privaet lands. we had some problems a couple of years ago with a land owner complaining my dad shot a deer on his property and had we not had that map and a GPS the game wardens tend to side with the locals and we would have had to pay something like $500 in fines and lost the animal. other wise good luck it is an awesome place.

other word of advice stay out of the bars too they have some women that will give you shade in the summer and keep you warm in the winter and they love those "texas boys"

·
Registered
494 Posts
Congrats, my hunting group and I drew out for New Mexico. A GPS is highly recommended as it will also show you how to get back to your vehicle in a storm or fog. Helped me more than once.

·
Registered
857 Posts
good luck, I found out yesterday I made the WY mule deer draw too. My hunting partner has hunted there a couple times so he knows the ropes. Should be a great time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.