2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate all of the feedback on my previous thread but just noticed that the Rem 700 ADL is in the price range for my son's rifle as well but I have no experience with Rem's. For those of you in the know, which would be the better value? Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
From my experience Remington rifles are more accurate than Weatherby, my Rem. 700 30-06 really likes Winchester Supreme Ballistic tip 150gr. Every gun likes diffrent ammo though. Also not sure on price range but their Composite models should be around the same price range. Good Luck!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks txfishhunt and you're right, the ADL is composite & only about $50 more. I understand that the ADL does not have the same features as the other 700 series (B/CDL) but it doesn't look like anything major. My understanding is that the SPS was supposed to fill the niche for ADL but they still offer them for special orders to some of the box stores (Academy). I want to get something affordable to replace our stolen guns and will upgrade once the economy makes things more affordable for us.

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
I disagree with you Txfishhunt. For the money, the weatherby is hard to beat...the entry level remingtons have been junk. Now in comparison to the Rem sendero, thats a whole other story...but generally speaking, the weatherby blows it away. One of my most accurate and favorite guns to shoot, is my weatherby vanguard .308. The gun has been to hell and back, drenched in rain, mud from the 4wheeler etc and never missed a beat.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I disagree with you Txfishhunt. For the money, the weatherby is hard to beat...the entry level remingtons have been junk. Now in comparison to the Rem sendero, thats a whole other story...but generally speaking, the weatherby blows it away. One of my most accurate and favorite guns to shoot, is my weatherby vanguard .308. The gun has been to hell and back, drenched in rain, mud from the 4wheeler etc and never missed a beat.
Thats awsome I bet that is one hell of a rifle and an awsome round. My wife and I got a .257 Weatherby Mag in a Vangaurd Delux for a wedding gift. I am happy with it mainly because its beautiful and free. I have shot 2 different rounds thru it, a 117gr Round Nose, 115gr ballistic tip, both rounds held 3/4 inch groups @ 100 yards. It sucks that only Nosler and Weatherby are the only people who make the rounds for that rifle (very high $$ rounds). On the other hand my buddys 25-06 in a Rem. 700 ADL is a tack driver. he shoots 117gr. Hornady. That rifle is VERY ACCURATE. That .257 is like a 25-06 on steriods but does not seem to be as accurate.

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Remington hands down. Heck you caint even adjust the triggers on the foreign made vanguards and most of them are about 7 pounds and lots of travel.

Charlie

·
15,099 Posts
Remington but I would go with the SPS instead of the ADL.
That way you still get the less expensive version or a fine rifle but also get the floor plate to take out magazine shells...

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
Remington hands down. Heck you caint even adjust the triggers on the foreign made vanguards and most of them are about 7 pounds and lots of travel.

Charlie
Ditto that....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts