2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
4 wheeler, especially if oyu have kids who will ride it. There is a safety reason the manuf. stopped making 3 wheelers.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No kids allowed on my 4 wheeler are 3 wheeler just an old man who need help getting that mile though the mud to the deer stand.
Lobo Jim

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
My dad is selling his Suzuki 125cc. It is older (~85), but it runs good. He has taken good care of it. I think he is asking around $600 for it. If you are interested, pm or email me and I put you in touch with him or ask him any questions that you may have.

-Cutter

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
I have a 2001 kawaski 220 bayou that serves me good...... i have put it through hell and everything that a 4 wheeler shouldnt go thru or over..... its been a nice machine to me and has gotten me out of some serious ****........ i have ran it almost every day since I have had and have only had to change the oil and weld the hand brake back on... and the racks are a little bent but it still runs smooth........ JJ

·
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"
3,484 Posts
A 3wheeler is as safe as the rider who is using it. Just like a loaded gun is as safe as the person who is handling it.

Depends on your budget, you can generally pick up a good running 3 wheeler for as little as a couple hundred bucks, or you can spend up to 8grand for a new 4wheeler with all the bells and whistles.
One thing to consider though, is depending on your soil type a 3wheeler is hampered in gooey sticky mud, the big front tire tends to pack up the mud and steering gets a little sporty, but if you have good tires on the back and you dont mind slinging a bit of mud everywhere they can get through.
I have a Honda ATC 250SX that I bought for 350.00 4 years ago and the only things Ive had to replace are the battery, and a new set of rear tires. Runs like a champ and serves me perfectly well.

Brian

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
I had the very first 3-wheeler...bought it brand new...Honda ATC 90...never got another...but dang sure had fun....I think the only way to go is a jeep....you just can't beat a jeep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts