2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this same thing last summer right before my Shallow Sport was capsized at the marina.

I figured I better get that replaced first and have done so which leads me to the point of looking for another boat to get my kiddos offshore.

I'm looking for something in the 23-25' range with a good amount of freeboard. Looking for a center console with a solid transom and flooring.

Twins are not a necessity but would be preferred. If it's a single screw I would probably repower and add a bracket which I may do either way.

Prefer Whalers, Classic Mako's, McKee's, SeaCraft's or Grady's but am open to other options.

Anybody got any leads or one they're looking to get rid of. This will be our secondary boat so I'm not looking to break the bank.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I posted this same thing last summer right before my Shallow Sport was capsized at the marina.

I figured I better get that replaced first and have done so which leads me to the point of looking for another boat to get my kiddos offshore.

I'm looking for something in the 23-25' range with a good amount of freeboard. Looking for a center console with a solid transom and flooring.

Twins are not a necessity but would be preferred. If it's a single screw I would probably repower and add a bracket which I may do either way.

Prefer Whalers, Classic Mako's, McKee's, SeaCraft's or Grady's but am open to other options.

Anybody got any leads or one they're looking to get rid of. This will be our secondary boat so I'm not looking to break the bank.
My bro is thinking about getting rid of his 2006’ century 2400 Cc with twin 150 Yamaha 4 strokes with only about 160 hrs. Lmk if you would like for me to put you in touch with him.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
My bro is thinking about getting rid of his 2006’ century 2400 Cc with twin 150 Yamaha 4 strokes with only about 160 hrs. Lmk if you would like for me to put you in touch with him.
I'd be looking for deals like this. The used boat market is on fire. I've been scouring the market across the country looking for a 26-29ft center console that's not 20 years old, that has 4 strokes which aren't over 900 hours with a trailer and electronics under 80k. Friday, I found 19 across the whole of the US. Last August, there were nearly 1000. You might get lucky with someone who's not as knowledgeable about the market and is just looking to get rid of a boat...but most are going for top dollar

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just bought a new 25ft Grady. I looked at gently used boats and given they are top dollar right now, you might want to look at an order spot then custom order what you want. But be prepared to wait.

A 3 year old same model Grady as what I bought was 10k less than a new one. For that price delta, it made no sense in buying used. Go with the new one with full warrenty and easier financing if you choose.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
I'd be looking for deals like this. The used boat market is on fire. I've been scouring the market across the country looking for a 26-29ft center console that's not 20 years old, that has 4 strokes which aren't over 900 hours with a trailer and electronics under 80k. Friday, I found 19 across the whole of the US. Last August, there were nearly 1000. You might get lucky with someone who's not as knowledgeable about the market and is just looking to get rid of a boat...but most are going for top dollar
If I could get the guy three stalls down from me to sell me his Pursuit then mine will go one sale and fall well under your price range. Have had standing offers on my hull for couple years now and will not sell it until I have one to replace it with the same day. The market is crazy and with shortages of materials to produce new boats it is going to get much worse before it gets better. If boat shopping right now and find something close to what you want, my advice is to buy it. By summer prices will be even higher with fewer to choose from.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I've got a 2006 Grady White 283 Release with twin 250's and less than 350 hours that I am looking to possibly sell. Never got around to using the boat enough and it has just sat in a dry stack in Freeport, TX over the years. Great boat!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
TJ, WHat Pursuit? C340/3480? That and a Palmetto 33 are about the only 'budget' hull I would replace mine with.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
It is a C3480 with 3.3L F250s. I am in the starting phase of house building, clearing land, etc... so not shopping hard but would be about impossible for me to turn it down if they are willing to sell. I passed on one last year that I should have bought, hull color was a major turn off but could have wrapped it. Looking back with the way the boat market has went crazy, was a mistake on my part.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please send me information and pics.
I've got a 2006 Grady White 283 Release with twin 250's and less than 350 hours that I am looking to possibly sell. Never got around to using the boat enough and it has just sat in a dry stack in Freeport, TX over the years. Great boat!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 98 Mako221that I am asking 10000 for. I am wanting to unload it so I can buy a bowfishing rig. It is posted in the classifieds. It has a 98 250 ocean runner and handles well in 5 to 6 ft seas. No soft spots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My glacier bay 2665 will be for sale if I pull the trigger on my next boat in the next couple of weeks. 2005 boat and motors yamaha f150s with 950 hrs simrad electronics with 1kw thru hull transducer, outriggers. Will be priced at 40k. Float on trailer with all new axles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts