2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has used both, How do the Wright and McGills compare to the simms waders and wading jackets. I have owned simms in the past but need new ones and was thinking about trying to save a little money.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
The difference I see is in the material, quadralam versus goretex and the number of layers of material, especially in the legs.
I don't have any experience wearing W&M or their warranty and at $215. they are probably fine. Simms are good and have great customer service and warranty.
I'd look at Orvis and other brands too......especially ones with goretex (there is a difference).

·
Banned
2,734 Posts
Wright & McGill for me for the last 5 yrs.There customer service is great, as I have had to return a pair due to ripping on oyster shell.I sent them $25 dollars and had a new pair w/in 7 days :)I like the built in back support and numerous built in D rings, also the stocking foot is nicely formed.
Either Wright & McGills or Simms and you can't go wrong.Remember......you get what you pay for.

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,629 Posts
I just got a W&M wading jacket last week. I fished Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I am quite pleased. Hopefully it will prove to be durable as well.

Mike

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
I have both Wright and McGill, and SIMMS waders.

I prefer the SIMMS because of the GORE-TEX on the lower leg area. The Simms also fit better.

But, I have never had any problems with the Wright and McGill's either.

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
I borrowed a pair of WM and they are very good waders. Thick and performed very well.
I purchased the Simms G3 and they are really nice. I couldn't believe the feel of the things.
I've been a Hodgemans man until i slipped into these simms.
You can't go wrong with either brand.

Biggie:D

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
What does the gore-tex do differently?
I have both Wright and McGill, and SIMMS waders.

I prefer the SIMMS because of the GORE-TEX on the lower leg area. The Simms also fit better.

But, I have never had any problems with the Wright and McGill's either.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Scott, you don't always get what you pay for. You always pay for what you get.
Wright & McGill for me for the last 5 yrs.There customer service is great, as I have had to return a pair due to ripping on oyster shell.I sent them $25 dollars and had a new pair w/in 7 days :)I like the built in back support and numerous built in D rings, also the stocking foot is nicely formed.
Either Wright & McGills or Simms and you can't go wrong.Remember......you get what you pay for.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
The GORE-TEX seem to be a more durable material then the Aqualex that Wright and McGill uses on their waders.

I never had any problems with my Wright and McGill wader's. But, after wearing the SIMMS wader's I do prefer them because of the way they fit. Especially in the size of the stockingfoot.

Both are very good wader's. I guess it comes down to personal preference.

If I were to buy another pair, it would be SIMMS. Is the extra 150.00 worth it?

Probably not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
SIMMS

If anyone has used both, How do the Wright and McGills compare to the simms waders and wading jackets. I have owned simms in the past but need new ones and was thinking about trying to save a little money.
Call Simms ask for Tony, send your old ones in, they will evaluate them and send you a new pair.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can't speak for W/M products, but I have Simms G3 Waders and love them. I really like the reinforced Goretex material on the lower leg. I have two Simms Jackets and love them. However, the pockets on the jackets are not waterproof. My Black Berry learned the hard way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts