2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had nasty storms the last two days. A system with circulation sat on top of South Florida yesterday. We had warnings, including "get in the house and stay there people who live in Coral Gables. We're just across 57th Ave. frim Coral Gables.

My faithful Yorky Arthur was acting strange. We had been having heavy winds and my ears started popping. I got up to look threw the front door window. Suddenly the wind and all motion stopped. The sky turned a green yellow and suddenly the winds started up again...but only on our side of the street. Wierd! I saw our plants in our front yard bending to the ground. Amazingly not a Palm branch stirred across the street. Tey were as calm as could be while our foilage was ripping back and forth.

The lightning started to drop in all directions. This set Arthur to barking and bouncing on my bed. I lay back down and he nestled his head on my chest and I sang to him for about an hour. He was shivering!

Afterwards all things went well.

Now today, here we go again. Everything has gone dark and I can see another storm building over the Everglades.

Now I'n going to grab Arthur before things start up again.

·
Banned
702 Posts
Perhaps if you were to drop more moeny in the collection plate on Sundays...well, you know??

·
Registered
535 Posts
Stay safe. Every doggie I've ever had was terrified of lightening and thunder so keep an eye on Arthur. Years ago I found a half starved Shepard in my back yard. Fortunately it had a tag and I called the owner. She said it ran off in a thunder storm three weeks earlier. Poor thing got lost and was 20 miles from home.

Keep Sir Arthur indoors if there's storms in the area. Good advice for anybody that loves their dog. Here's a picture of my old beagle (Hoosier) who got nervous because we were moving and knew something was up. So what did she do??????? What a sweetie pie but now gone.:(

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Thats just hurricane warm up drills AJ.

Gotta keep you sharp and on your toes :)

Its a shame, ain't it?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a beautiful pup uncleray! How you must miss her!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts