2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years back when I took my Captain's test there were a bunch of question's on "resticted visibility". No I am not a guide, just to get that out of the way, before the popcorn gets hurled. If I recall correctly a boat "anchored, not making way" is REQUIRED to activate the appropriate sound making system. So if you bail out of your boat in the fog to wadefish, it's required that either an automated system is active or someone needs to stay with the boat to manually sound a horn at the required interval. Point being, if you're somewhere close to the boat the warning horn may save your life. Obviously this doesn't happen anywhere on the Texas coast but maybe it should.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have added that I realize our boats are less than 20 meters but I believe it with more and more people and boats on the water the rules can save lives.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
is this for all vessels no matter the size or for a certain type/size? I have no idea personally.

oops, saw the 2nd post after I submitted. Good idea though but that loud arse airhorn will scare the fish out of my wading area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts