2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guess what's on the front cover! A picture of one of McGolfer's cool reels! Ok, not to mention a nice snapper that Rick put Mark on!

Seeing that reel does bring back memories of a great trip with Rick though! I dearly need one of those reels though Rick. They are truly "Cadallacs" IMO! If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Oh, and I won't hold your sabikis for ransome either???? LOL!

See ya soon!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
line counters

kim

meet me at my storage shed the next time i am down there and i will give you one to use for the summer. i don't have a retailer of the gcc up here in oklahoma so maybe captain ray will get me a copy. i am glad mark made the magazine. he is a quaility person and a newly inspired offshore addict. if you have a rod that you could put the reel on it would be better for me. i have several reels that i need rods for that i am trying to purchase at this time....rick

·
Registered
165 Posts
>> i have several reels that i need rods for that i am trying to purchase at this time..

I'll have your CapeFear BW3050 finished by next weekend. All that left is applying one or two more coats of finish and installing the gimbal.

Txseadog

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
thaks kevin. my wife and step daughter will see you and your wife at the concert next saturday. i am going to stay home and work. i will either pick the rod up at one of our bass pro shop meetinigs or send tj by if he is in the area to pick it up. thanks again....rick

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Rick,

Thank you so much for the generous offer but, I would not feel comfortable using your reel. I would never forgive myself if something happened to it! To many things can happen with gear and with my luck, something would!

Darn, I can't believe you don't get GCC somewhere up there! I will send you mine if you'll send me your address. Ray wrote a very nice article about your snapper trip and yes, plenty of pics. The only problem I had with the article was the picture of you. It showed long curly blonde hair and red lipstick! What's up with that? LOL! Or was that our twin seester again? He also posted some good coordinates too!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have to thank Rick and the Strack(sp?) brothers for inviting me on the trip and taking us to such a great spot, and Ray does take some nice pictures. All I did was put a live bait down. It was an incredible trip as always and the marlin and double AJ were some of the highlights as well as the quality snapper. The Kiakon reels are very nice and have a lot of crankng power. Now we just need this dang wind to stop blowing.

Mark

·
Registered
243 Posts
Kim, you can keep your copy the least I can do is buy Rick a copy. As far as the coordinates go, everyone got a pretty good laugh when I asked "Where exactly are we again"?

Mark

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
kim
if there is a picture with long curly hair and lipstick posted in the magazine then it must be my sister. it seems that captain ray has a thing for her. i know he is a married man but between him and tom hilton she can't get a break. on the kaikon's do a search on google and a couple of on line tackle stores carry them. you can get either the 3000t which is the same size as a trinidad 20 or the 4000t which is the same size as the trinidad 30. i think steve at www.2catchfish.com has them in stock. i have also bought several on ebay when they come to auction.....rick

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
Sister??

Hey Rick, that photo of your sister was a one time shot never to be published again ;) ... unless Kim finds an old copy of it. :D

I've got an extra June 2004 issue for you. Holler at me next time you're in town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts