2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Concrete Contractor
12,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited David's Tackle Box today in Rosenberg and dropped some reels off to be cleaned. He wants to know what kinda offshore stuff he could carry to meet our needs. I mentioned several things and told him I would get him a list. He wants to try and cater to the Offshore crowd now, I think thats great. So hopefully with all you offshore guru's help we can comprise a list here and I will foward it to him.

So list the lure's, line, hooks, etc you'd like to see in a store before making that offshore trip please.

·
Banned
10,413 Posts
David's

Hey Joey,
I'm new to the 2-cool crowd but have been reading for a couple years. David and I went to HS together and I have been shoppin' in his store off and on for a long time. He really is a good guy but he don't fish offshore. He's a bass fisherman.It would be really great if he would start keepin' a good selection of offshore tackle there in Rosenberg.Like you said we need to get him a good list of the things we need to play our game.Good luck and I would love to help David with his list of inventory.His store location is very handy for guys that live out here in west Fort Bend County area.BTW I hope you got your boat sold.I'm in the process of movin' up myself.
Paul:cheers:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Snapper slappers!

It would be great for a shop that is catering to the offshore crowd to have some high quality pre-made rigs available...something along the lines of MC Saltwater tackle's. I am personally loyal to MC so hopefully he might be able to supply David's Tackle Box.

Having florocarbon leader is a plus...most Academys and stores like that only carry up to about 40 lb test.

bean bags?

·
Concrete Contractor
12,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep em coming. I told him

1. Sabiki's, Sabiki's, Sabiki's
2. Williamson Knife Jigs
3. Snapper Slappers
4. Floro Carbon
5. Assortment of Offshore Hooks, Owner, Gamagatsu, etc
6. Hammered and Chrome Diamond jigs, different weights
7. Leader making material, wire, strand, etc.
8. Crimps, sleeves

·
Make blood !!!
3,707 Posts
I've never ventured to his store. but a few things come to mind, some already mentioned.

1.snapper slappers
2. assist hooks
3. bait.... ice fish,squid, tinker mackrel, rigged bally hoo
4. stretch 30s
5.yozuri bonitas
6.venting tools and dehookers
7.riks book
8.bean bags, and not those high dollar fancy ones

just a few that come to mind

·
Concrete Contractor
12,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He doesnt offshore fish, an has a good freshwater store, some inshore stuff . He wants to start catering to the Offshore crowd $$$. You know how we roll.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
David is a really good guy. I haven't been by his store since he moved it but this reminds me I need to go by there. He will bend over backwards to help you out.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Islander lures
Mackerel rigs
Two sized of snapper drop rigs
Circle hooks
Ballyhoo rigs/holders
Frozen Ballyhoo
Wind-on leaders
Wire leaders
Fishing tools (knife, pliers, scissors, Bogga, de-hooker, bladder popper, swage, ring tool)
Daisy chains/squid teasers
Popular knife jigs
Line of Yo-Zuri hardbaits
Sunscreen
Beer

·
Undocumented Users-pm+
660 Posts
How about posting up the location and store hours. I have never heard of Rick's, if it's too far out of the way for us going to the coast or he's only open M-F 8-5, it doesn't matter what he stocks, nobody will show. We go real close to there on our way to Sargent, be nice to have a place "on the way".

·
TEAM JOINT CUSTODY
322 Posts
David's Tackle Box Customer Service

3500 Avenue I Rosenberg TX United States 77471
281-342-9669
281-239-2785

David's Tackle Box Customer Service

3500 Avenue I Rosenberg TX United States 77471
281-342-9669
281-239-2785
3500 Avenue I
Rosenberg, Tx 77471

281 342 9669

monday-friday 9am-6pm
sat 9 am -5pm

How about posting up the location and store hours. I have never heard of Rick's, if it's too far out of the way for us going to the coast or he's only open M-F 8-5, it doesn't matter what he stocks, nobody will show. We go real close to there on our way to Sargent, be nice to have a place "on the way".

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Please keep em coming
OK ... wonder if he could sell Rik's book? That would be something. Fishermen aren't big readers but they love fishing and hunting literature.

A selection of good fishing line and a spooling service would be good, including you super-lines, tournament mono, flouro as mentioned, etc.

Sell some sticks, too, from a jetty-tuna cheapos to maybe a Don Savage special demo model. Can't have a tackle store with offshore potential without some sticks, brooms, sweepers, hoppers, and the like.

There are a ton of local lure and gear makers in the greater Houston area, like Woody and his Snapper Slappers, and I believe in promoting local product when possible.

Mooring anchor balls - now that's an idea. Everyone needs a big ole red/orange mooring ball. You can never have too many balls. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts