2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to a BP platform off the coast of India. BPN platform wellheads were hit by one of the large work boats in Mumbai High North around 4pm Friday. BPN platform is gone. You can see part of it falling in the water in the last few pictures. Over 300 people were on board, so far only 2 confirmed dead. There are 3 choppers and Coast guard picking up people from the water. A lot of people jumped, apparently. Kind of scary...

·
Registered
383 Posts
yeah that is old. I work for Bp offshore GOM and nothing is posted on our corporate site, plus i've seen these pics before.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You're right ToyotaPilot, these pictures are over a year old. Have already made their rounds thru the O & G community. Guess RealDealFountain could be correct since it did happen on a Friday.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I remember it being last year, I just hadn't seen these upclose pictures until someone forwarded an email to me and I copied the text off the email. I can add a date to the text if that would satisify some of you. ;)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Anyone bringing marshmellows for some smores?

·
fish control my brain
7,705 Posts
Funny thing is I recieved the exact same email from someone today

Intresting how things go around.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Muddskipper said:
Funny thing is I recieved the exact same email from someone today

Intresting how things go around.
We'll have to compare people we know and find the common link. :rotfl:

·
Dis Member
346 Posts
I did not see the pics last year, thanks for the post. Good movie material!

·
Yellowbellied Perch Jerker
1,670 Posts
I wonder how the fishing was affected. Also, imagine jumping from that rig onto one of the barnacle encrusted pylons...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts