2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:biggrin: I just found out that the eastern half of the land we lease from the paper company, about 132 acres +/-, is going to be thinned out very soon. A couple of our members are going up tomorrow to move feeders that the paper company has requested be moved. Unfortunately I can't make it. This is great news for several reasons. One, it is very thick with most shots being 50 yeards at the most, so this thinning will create bigger and better shooting lanes thus giving us greater opportunities at seeing more deer. We do have a nice population though. Second, it will make travel to and from our blinds much easier, reducing time spent walking and spreading our scent everywhere. Third, doing it now is perfect because I can't get up there until the middle of this month when I plan on setting up my cameras for some preseason scouting. I will then return with our members the weekend after Labor Day to check, repair, replace batteries and fill our feedeers and see what kind of images I capture. Once my cameras are set out, I like to check them every 3 weeks or so. I am pumped now! Ah, fall, my favorite time of year is almost here! Outstanding fishing, dove season, teal season, duck season, bow season and gun season! :bounce:

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
Good deal! We used to hunt on some family land and adjoining paper company land between Palestine and Rusk, just west of Maydel, and the paper company came in one year and thinned it and it made a huge difference in our hunting for several years to come. Sounds like if it's done right you're in for a much better lease!

·
Registered
568 Posts
We also have family land close to Elkhart (anderson cnty) & my uncle had a 1/3 of it thinned out. I'm hoping it will help us out too. I'm was kinda skepticle about the whole deal. Maybe it will work out for the best. We are planning on gonig there the last weekend in aug. to see the damage and figure out if we need to move things around (stands, feeders, etc.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts