2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over to my friend's house (actually...it's my wife's ex-step-father) and we made a deal on his boat. I'm now the proud owner of a 2000 Blue Wave 220 Classic...w/ a Yamaha 150 VMax. Has GPS, depth finders, and is in absolutely excellent condition.

Another cool thing is...this is the 1st boat I EVER had the pleasure of riding in...EVER. 6 years ago when he bought it I had never been on a boat, and he took me out for the 1st time when my wife and I were just dating. It's kind of cool to own the 1st boat I ever rode in as my 1st boat also.

He made me a deal I just could NOT pass up, and now it's in front of my house. I keep going outside to look at it just to assure myself it's REALLY there. I never thought I'd own a boat this nice.

Now I just have to convince the wife I NEED to take it out this weekend!! Hopefully Sunday I can get it in the water and cruise around to get a feel for her.

Here's a pic of the exact model, color, engine, etc... that I just bought. I'll have my own pics this weekend when I get her out, but I wanted to show if off as best as I could.

Attachments

Reactions: Red

·
The Republic of Texas
4,608 Posts
Congrats on the new rig. Tell her it is imperative you test it out to make sure that it is safe for the family and to assure that it is a sound investment!!!!:biggrin:

Mike

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only problem is that Friday is our Anniversary and we're going out of town. I am going to be thinking about coming home and going out in the boat the entire time we're gone.

·
The Republic of Texas
4,608 Posts
Friday is my anniversary too....Happy anniversary and wishing you many more and plenty of fish slime on your rig, but not gafftop slime!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Dont be in to much of a rush to take that boat out until you learn your way around the bays. You dont want to run it on a reef and scratch the bottom. Keep this in mind seriously. Great first boat.
Jeff

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Man, you've already screwed up. You were suppose to surprise her with it and convince her that it was an anniversary gift. LOL

Congats on your nice ride. It will bring the both of you many happy memories.

Pat

·
Super Moderator
3,755 Posts
Congrats on the new ride....just bring it over to my house and I will take it our for you and tell you how great it was! Good luck in a very expensive hobby!

·
The Republic of Texas
4,608 Posts
Full Stringer said:
Man, you've already screwed up. You were suppose to surprise her with it and convince her that it was an anniversary gift. LOL

Congats on your nice ride. It will bring the both of you many happy memories.

Pat
lmao......:rotfl: We are all so alike. I bought a couple of Calcutta's a couple of years ago on her birthday...she didn't understand why there were two Calcuttas!!!:redface:

Sorry didn't mean to hi jack...just thought that was funny...thanks for the laugh Pat.

MIke

·
The Republic of Texas
4,608 Posts
Oopss!!

Full Stringer said:
I'll bet you didn't expect that to come from a female did ya?
Pat
Nope!!! Sorry!! No harm intended....please accept my apology!!! Mike

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Congratulations on the new water sleigh, I bet you and your family are gonna love it!

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Night Trout said:
Congrats on the new rig. When are we going fishing.LOL
Yeah - see the above posted link.

I'm guessing it will a month or 2 (maybe longer) before I can even get this boat in the water.

Figures.

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,041 Posts
1st boat

Thats one heck ofa first boat! I think you did well buyin' a 'real fishin' boat on your first purchase, and one which you know the history of as well. You will not regret that. My first boat was a tired old 1975 Cobia Tornado I/O that couldn't miss a sand bar or shell reef, but I still managed to make some great memories with her!

Congragulations, you've just joined an elite group: the few, the near-divorce, the broke.............Boat Owners!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts