2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time back my son in law "OILERMAN" posted some pictures of wooden vial holders he turns to make necklesses A little later either he or my daughter ask if anyone was interested in makig some of these for us.

We need somewhere aroung 300 to 500 of these by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. The first 40 need arrive my house no later than Oct. 7th.

As you can see by the picture below they can be most any design. The only requirement is the hole for the vial is a certain dimension and there is a grove around the neck a quarter inch below the top.

You can be your own designer. We would like you to furnish the wood (it can be stuff you already have). We will furnish you a vial to measure the hole with. We do not want them finished ie varnished etc. Only buffed/polished. Except for pecan, the lighter colored wooks do not sell as well as the darker ones. The woods we would like to see:

tulipwood
cocobolo
bacate
boi's 'd arc
eucalyptos
ebony (all types)
red wood
red heart
purple heart
anything along this line.

"OILERMAN" ia uncomfortable working with acrylics. We would like some of these to be in acrylics. We would like these to be polished to a gloss. Those colors should be:

conservative
green
blue
red-black
etc ---- no day glo, yellow, orange pinks,

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE YOUR HOBBY MAKE YOU A FEW EXTRA BUCKS THIS FALL please PM me at
[email protected] telling me what you would want for each one and how many you are willing to commmit to a week.

Attachments

·
making the world a better smelling place
23 Posts
nope...no response yet. sad4sm I did manage to get about 70 done last 2 weeks and this past weekend at the Renaissance Festival we sold about 25 of them (all 4 acrylics went). EVERYONE loved them!:fireworks :cheers: :fireworksAND...to top it off, I have to tear my Crapsman lathe apart tomorrow because the variable speed won't work - the top pulley won't close and the bottom pulley won't open. My mini Jet really won't work for what I'm doing, even with the tail extention. So.......I won't get them all replaced this week for trying to fix the lathe. Especially since I have some other projects I have to get done this week. I have a rickshaw I use at the Festival and the arm broke last weekend and that has to be repaired before next Saturday. Why, oh why are there only 5 days between weekends????????? We have 7 more weekends to go.....

Galv, if you are interested in making some of these email me at [email protected] and I can snailmail you a sample of the vial we put in. Also, I don't really need 400-500 by Thanksgiving. My father in law often thinks in large amounts, but I'm not Walmart buying in large container lots! But I do want to try and get a supply going while I have cash flow to pay for it. ESPECIALLY anyone willing to do acrylics. I won't touch acrylics anymore....too frustrating!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts