2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Of all the gamebirds, Woodies got it all!
Good looks, easy to hunt, primal call that stirs the soul.
That and as outlaw said, they tastes the best!
We are fortunate to have them in our area.
Great mount Trouthunt!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get you his address and phone number. His place is out in cypress/waller area. 290 west to around fairfield. He has a few acres of land and has his shop on his property. He has done a few mounts for me and they all are first class. He also does deer and exotics.

Eastbayfisher - nice tripletail. What did it weight?

·
You dont think so...hide and watch!
97 Posts
Trouthunter- thanks for the info! The tripple tail was just shy of 23 pounds! It was the first one that I had ever caught. Caught it on light rod and reel and it snapped the dang rod just above the first eye. Needless to say I was hooked forever on them after that!

Bitem - thanks as well.

EBF

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tripletail

Sounds alot like my first tripletail. I had never even seen one much less caught one. I thought is was a trash bag floting in the water. I too cought mine on my bay rod. It was a good twenty min getting it to the boat. What a rush!! Some good eating too. Mine was 29lbs.

Attachments

·
You dont think so...hide and watch!
97 Posts
Wow 29 lbs! Thats not to far from the state record. I can only imagine how that big'n would fight weighing 6 more pounds than mine! Thanks again for the info and great fish!

EBF

·
Banned
324 Posts
I have a specklebelly in the freezer from last year my Dad said he would get mounted for me for Christmas of last year so I think pretty soon I am going to take it into my own hands to see that it gets done. Its a beautiful bird. No blood or rumpled feathers it fell on the only patch of dry ground for 100 yards in all directions. Its perfect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.