2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has been bought out by the state and it will be open to the public this year... that rocks!
Hey triplef,, can you tell me the easiest way to get the from the water, As in thebest spot to set up etc?!!!?

It's going to be awesome!:birthday2

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Hope they didn't pay much, most of it's public anyway.

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, I just got off the phone with Triplef and he said they're pulling off all the private stuff this weekend. He's come back from east Texas and said he'd fill us in later on when he gets home,, hurry up 3xf!

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
That is cool! We used to walk in to hunt there when we were kids for $10.00/day before they made it a membership club.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sweet. although i understand membership requires A. you must be under 5'8" tall and B. you must keep at least 4 PAIR of surgical gloves with you at all times.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Homey Game Warden, Warden Gordon Bordon bes hatin life, I reckon. :cop: :slimer:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
swing said:
sweet. although i understand membership requires A. you must be under 5'8" tall and B. you must keep at least 4 PAIR of surgical gloves with you at all times.
I guess that leaves Capn and one other I know of to hunt the area.:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
:rotfl:

Well that's up to six guys now that thinks they all own that Cadillac blind and ready to whoop some arese, shoot people with slugs, burn it down withe the people in it (kids, dogs and all), put wild animals with broke legs and rabies in it, hahahaha.

Glad the state's taking control, sounds like a superfund sites. Just keep a sharp lookout, PT, you know how the little guy is with them RC boats and trucks and stuff. Hate to think about you sittin there watching a RC boat with a pound of C4 tied to it bear down on ya

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Hall's

I may not be ready for teal season, but by big duck maybe I will be healed enough to duck hunt. I have hunted it the last couple seasons as a guest, and have hunted the place next door (eagle head hunt club?) a couple of times. Man, if the state runs it right, that will give a lot of people a great place to hunt, and maybe pull some of the pressure from Peach Point. That Rocks!
BB

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Levelwind said:

Well that's up to six guys now that thinks they all own that Cadillac blind and ready to whoop some arese, shoot people with slugs, burn it down withe the people in it (kids, dogs and all), put wild animals with broke legs and rabies in it, hahahaha.

Glad the state's taking control, sounds like a superfund sites.
Right, it needed to be took over..

While everyone fights for the High rise I'll be farther back in the marsh Slapping rice rockets out of the sky!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sea Aggie said:
Are you talking about this:

http://brazosmaps.blogspot.com/#HBU

Halls Bayou Unit of SBNWR
• Phone: 979-849-7771 (Angleton office)
• Phone: 281-286-8282 (Clear Lake Office)
Project map (USFWS)
Annotated Area Map (FOBWR)
Annotated Road Map (FOBWR)
Road Map (Google)
Topographic Map (Topozone)
Satellite Photo (Wikimapia)

or are you talking about this:

http://www.hbrhunting.com/hbrhunting/index.shtml
I was wondering the same thing. If it is hbr that was taken over it is a good place to hunt. It will have the same problems every other public place does in a few years. Too many people shooting anything that flies.

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
SSSSSSSHHHHhhhhhh..Your givin up my secrets now.....:D

I figure a dozen Redwasp nest should do the trick for Teal..
& That 14 ft Gater there ,Sure does Pucker a mans backside when it swallows a Dog..(Whole) But thats up to the Newbies to figure out..
& Ya'll wonder why Ive got slugs..:eek:
I'll be out there for Late season big duck..till then..Ya'll are welcome to it.
After that..Ya better be sleep'n there,Cause I do.
Oxx..
Levelwind said:

Glad the state's taking control, sounds like a superfund sites. Just keep a sharp lookout, PT, you know how the little guy is with them RC boats and trucks and stuff. Hate to think about you sittin there watching a RC boat with a pound of C4 tied to it bear down on ya

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I and a couple of others built the big blind in the front lake and the THUNDER DOME as we call it in the middle lake Many years ago. The one on the left shoreline. There is another in the back built by the guys that own the house on the ICW at the cut. We had been boating in there for years until a few seasons ago when they HBR ran us out. I know the big blind is still there and some others have tried to lay claim to it. We used to smoke them in there. Have some great memories hunting in there. I became a member of HBR the first and 2nd year but then the cost just kept going up started at $5K then to $7500. After they said it would not for the origanl corp. group. Decided it was too much. Glad to see the Marsh open up again. Unfortunately it will probaly be over run with people. Sky Blasters and such. And will not hold birds very long. Good Luck Guys. It was good in the old days. Curious to see if it was the whole ranch or just the marsh. There are some great freshwater lakes and flooded areas with really nice pit blinds on it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
SpeckReds said:
I and a couple of others built the big blind in the front lake and the THUNDER DOME as we call it in the middle lake Many years ago.
I have hunted the Thunderdome with a guy I work with probably 6-8 yrs ago, we had to set the decoys out of the boat because of the mud. Lots of divers and actually shot a couple of wood ducks out of that blind one morning. SpeckReds, PM sent.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.