2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Winter vs Summer fishing Bay Fishing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,923 Posts
I'd rather fish in the summer when the water is 65 degrees throwing a Big Plug looking for that one Sow Trout for CPR...if that could be possible.

New job has me coming in at 6:30, so winter time fishing will be a few mornings when it's "right" and weekends. At least I can fish after work in the summer.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I love winter time fishing.
1.You can sleep in.
2.Bays are not near as crowded.
3.Folks aren't anchored up as often.
4.Fish are bigger and fight harder.
5.Break out the waders.
I fish year around but November to February are my favorite months.
Tight Knot

·
2coolSponsor
153 Posts
Cold, calm, and foggy

I'm with you Dave - cold, calm, foggy, drizzle with a slow walking Super Spook or Spook Jr. Keeps me on the edge of my 3rd Leg in shin deep mud and shell all day waiting for that big sow to slurp up my topwater (or Corky Fatboy or Super Devil). I think I'll go get in the pool and make sure my waders aren't leaking - the neighbors will think I'm crazy!!!

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,408 Posts
both here also,, I like to fish, ride in bote, etc. I like to catch fish and have fun with buds.(summer) but I also like that hammer down trout that roll on top and gets the blood boiling! (Cooler months)

Plus when its cold you can have a blast and cast day!

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,923 Posts
One more...

In the winter the duck hunters are hunting and are off the trout holes.
In the winter the duck hunters are hunting and are in the redfish holes.

Redfish is a by-catch for me in the winter, but in the summer the duck ponds open up a whole new game.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,460 Posts
we fish year round , but prefer the spring,fall and winter.

peeps dont bother me, just find another spot or just fall in.

good to see a post Jeff ! thought u night be hibernating in the summer.

·
Registered
26,822 Posts
I prefer to fish in winter. Far less yahoos and shoreline burners on the water. I also catch more fish in greater numbers. My winter fishing is almost exclusively out of Goose Island State Park - many times we do not even head out till afternoon when day warms up.,

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
In the summer, I like the winter. In the winter, I like the summer.

But considering I caught my biggest trout yet (29) just a few days ago, I am happy with summer at the moment. Nothing like being out in the pre-dawn glow knowing its going to be way too hot in a few hours.

·
Banned
907 Posts
I just love to fish. I'm still fairly young and will grind it out all day Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall if need be.

I do love the anticipation of "how big will she be" while slowly working a Corky Fatboy through a proven big trout area. That gets my blood pumping pretty good.

·
29.42" Hg
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
MsAddicted said:
In the summer, I like the winter. In the winter, I like the summer.

But considering I caught my biggest trout yet (29) just a few days ago, I am happy with summer at the moment. Nothing like being out in the pre-dawn glow knowing its going to be way too hot in a few hours.
Kaylin,

If you would have caught that fish in February, It would have weighed as much as 1-2 lbs. more.That was a beautiful catch. Those BOGA's are very accurate as far as the weight shows. Keep at em.....

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,452 Posts
I fish year round so I am going to have to say that I like both as well, though I probably fish a little less in the fall and winter because I am a bow hunter and absolutely love being in the woods during the fall.

Reactions: catch 5
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.