2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I once killed two stones with one bird..
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Executive style lease. Guaranteed water, lodge, pit blinds, rice. 2000 acs with 6 members @ $3500. Call 713-875-4800.

·
Duck Slayer
773 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Is that per gun or for all 6 together? If it is all 6 then I believe I can fill about 4 spots and possibly all 6. PLease let me know.

·
Duck Slayer
773 Posts
ccrocker1313 said:
I bet he's looking for hunters not BS...
So are you saying that I am less of a hunter because I would never spend $3500 a gun for a lease?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
GDO he's looking to fill his lease read the thread....do you have to make something out of nothing ? try to be nice the man is looking for hunters not comments...

·
www.saltgrassretrievers.c om
820 Posts
If I wasn't trying to build a house, I'd get in on that. For an executive type lease with a lodge and guaranteed water, it's not too bad.

Go price how much it cost to buy water these days.!!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
The worst part is you'd have to hunt with Whitecrow.:tongue: :wink: Hahahaha!

Good luck filling it Jody. You planning on coming down here for a hunt again this year?

·
Old ******
4,526 Posts
I was offered 500 acres of DU property, 1st year hunted, water, in-ground blinds, lodge and guides provided...at the amazingly low price of only $24,000 per year with 6 guns max.

That works out to nearly what he is offering and not considered a bad price at all for hunters who absolutely hate (or are too old) to do all the work themselves. There is something to be said for just showing up at the lodge, enjoying fine food and drink, and then sitting in a first-class blind with someone who can tell you what kind of duck is coming in and whether or not you can shoot it (I failed duck ID in school).

There are a lot of guides out there who promise an executive-style hunt and then ask you to tote the dekes and sit in mud up to your #$% for twice their normal price. If there weren't a lot of us who appreciate high-class leases then they wouldn't exist.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Salty Dog said:
Amen, good luck filling the lease Jody and sure wish that was in my price range. It may sound ridiculous to some but there are alot of clubs offering the same for more, HBR is one in particular and I have hunted this area before and the hunting was as good or better than at Hall's Bayou and is cheaper.

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They don't have to..............

Salty Dog said:

Good luck filling it Jody. You planning on coming down here for a hunt again this year?
They don't have to hunt with me! Only the ones that want to kill! :D

To answer one of the questions above, yes it has come to this, unfortunately. Go price some decent rice country and then calculate running a 36" pump 24hrs a day for a week or so, or pay the canal co. $20/ac for water. We can take 40 hunters at $500/piece if you'd rather, but the lodge will get pretty crowded. :eek:

I'd love to come down and hunt.....lemme see if I can talk ol' JJCan'tcatchatrout into coming down.

·
Snow Goose & Spoony Nightmare
759 Posts
Whitecrow said:
I'd love to come down and hunt.....lemme see if I can talk ol' JJCan'tcatchatrout into coming down.
You always have a standing invite down my way Jody, that is if you can be seen with a low life like me! HA HA

·
Registered
283 Posts
I hunt near that area and we spend $10-$15K depending on rainfall flooding our fields. We have 1200 acres of rice and fallow fields and we flood about 600 to 900 acres from year to year. Water is our number one expense but the hunting is great.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Whitecrow said:
. Go price some decent rice country and then calculate running a 36" pump 24hrs a day for a week or so, or pay the canal co. $20/ac for water.
Sorry to get off topic...You only pay $20/ac for water? :cool:

And the LCRA is charging $125 :eek:

Glad I'm somewhere in the middle I guess. And here I thought our water rates were outragous.

·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Careful........

DUKFVR said:
You always have a standing invite down my way Jody, that is if you can be seen with a low life like me! HA HA
After the hunt you put me on last year I may be down there every weekend!

Chuck: Last time I bought duck water it was $20/acre....but that was 4 or 5 years ago. We've had pumping rights since then and the "only" cost is feeding the pump.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts