2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Walmart and auto parts stores have an additive that you put in , It works for me when I have to go to colder states to work.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I usually just let mine freeze and then spend 10 mins cussing while I try to manually de-ice my windshield. This is all happening early in the morning with numb fingers and toes while dressed in slacks and a button down shirt that is no where near wind proof. This whole ordeal normally makes me late for my first meeting of the day and totally throws off my mojo for the rest of the day.

I'm not saying it's the best way, but that's how I do it. :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You can buy washer fluid that won't freeze to 20 below zero, good luck finding it in TX.
Not sure of the %, but you can add isopropyl alcohol to your existing fluid to lower its freezing point.
Or siphon it out and replace with cheap whiskey.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I put the blue stuff in the one gallon jug from the truck stop that is not supposed to freeze. Worked well last week in Colorado.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
arent most of the blue ones alcohol based anyways??
lol, i use the green stuff that helps keep bugs off and works like rain-x. Monday morning I had some ice on the windshield so i hit it a couple of times with the fluid and my wipers on. the fluid almost froze instantly making a nice purty frozen layer on my windshield.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Wife's up in Oklahome City today and tomorrow, I'm just expecting to replace a split washer tank when she gets back. Supposed to be a down close to zero tonight and tomorrow.. )-:}

1 - 14 of 14 Posts