2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windows picture and fax viewer quit working a couple of weeks ago and I have not been able to fix it. I thought maybe I got a virus or something, I updated and ran a couple of scans with no luck. I have other ways of viewing pictures but this one was my favorite (and easiest) one to use. Anyone have any ideas. It won't even open a window when I try to open with pic and fax viewer. Nothing happens.

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Describe what you are doing to open pictures. Or are you not able to open pics at all. There could be a different file association involved. More info please.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well before it stopped working all I did was double click on the picture icon and it came up. Since I have not been able to it get it to work I changed the default program that opens pictures to internet explorer so that the wife and kids can still see pictures. I right click and try to use the open with windows picture and fax viewer and nothing happens, the hour glass comes up then dissapears but the picture does not open. All the other programs that I have that will view/edit pictures files will work execpt for this one. I downloaded the file Bill suggested and tried the restore defaults but it still does not work.

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
OK, sounds like a broken link..try and restore your computer to an eailer date...go back past the point you remember it first happening.
click
start
all programs
accesories
system tools
system restore
then follow the wizard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts