2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a dell windows 7 64bit and i like it, i had this box keep popping up so trying to get ahold of someone at dell that could speak good english and understand without placing me on hold or getting hung up on woulda been easier to get ahold of the president not that i would want to, anyway i researched till i finally found this so i thought i would pass it along just incase someone needs the help, im going to agree with the guys answer to this problem """"

I have no idea what this ITEM does, but I disabled it one month ago and the only change in my computer is that I do not have that annoying message anymore.""""" this was the original qustion i found on microsoft answers,,,maybe bill or someone knows what this file is/does, hope this may help someone cause my box pop up is gone as well,
""" I just bought a dell with Vista today. Every time I open a browser (I have explorer and firefox) to do something I get an error window that says: failed in loading skin name "dellprodreg_skin". The file "shell.css" is required in your "sscommon/skins/dellprodreg_skin/css/" directory. To fix this problem, check the skin name in your config file, or reinstall the application. I have no idea what it is talking about. Skins for what? Where is my config file? What application? When I close that error window and then the browser, I still have the big white square on my desktop from the error message. It covers anything I'm trying to do. Refresh doesn't help. Restart helps but only till it happens again. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks """ ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ANSWER,,,
What I did:

1. Click START
2. Type: "msconfig" and press ENTER
(SYSTEM CONFIGURATION window shows up)
3. Select START UP tab.
4. Unselect the ITEM: "SupportSoft sprtcmd" from manufacturer: SUPPORT SOFT INC.

I have no idea what this ITEM does, but I disabled it one month ago and the only change in my computer is that I do not have that annoying message anymore.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts