2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems sometimes when receiving updates for Win-10 my computer runs very slow. I received the updates last week. Computer would hardly run. I to back them out by going to a system restart prior to updates. My system has never been the same. Anyone else have these problems?

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Me too..every time I get a Windows Update it screw up my laptop something awful. My cure for it is to just do a "System Restore" back to some date a week or so ago..after the update is complete and it smooths out the problems.. As far as time to download...it is a pain in the neck...but I just let it do it's thing and go find something else to do for an hour. I kinda wonder if it would hurt if I just didn't accept ANY of their downloads..

Bill...you got any suggestions ???

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
On different machines, I have had success doing one of these

https://www.partition-tool.com/resource/pc-slow-down-after-windows-10-creators-update.html

problem for me is how it effects one type computer manufacturer and not another...so no one "fix all"

If you have a version of windows 10 pro, you can take control and stop the auto-updates (I don't suggest it) I suggest doing the "Notify" so you will know when the next updates roll out.
But you should go and look for critical updates and install.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10

·
Registered
5 Posts
It seems sometimes when receiving updates for Win-10 my computer runs very slow. I received the updates last week. Computer would hardly run. I to back them out by going to a system restart prior to updates. My system has never been the same. Anyone else have these problems?
I hate any updates to Windows 10,in fact i don't want my computer to be full of trouble.So i have disable Windows 10 update on my computer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts