2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone PLEASE help with Momoi Wind-On leaders. Using a Loop to Loop as they suggest on their packaging just isn't working. Lost two this weekend and both failures are at the loop to loop connection. Looks like the fabric loop connetor on the leader is cutting through the mono main line.

If someone catches "Something" with a Yozuri & 25' of leader material dangling from it's mouth, let me know what it was....TWICE this happened.

Help

·
Site Sponsor 2006>
390 Posts
I lost a small blue this weekend to the same thing, and discovered I only did one loop to loop connection, it needs to be doubled. Go thru the loop twice and then pull it down and that will fix it.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
I bought some offshore angler topshots(BPS) and their directions on the package were wrong.. took me a few tries to figure it out, but I did and havent had any failures yet..

·
Registered
88 Posts
You need at least three and I would recommend four loops through so the spectra will form a catspaw knot. Basically the spectra will wind around the mono so it is clinching the legs of the mono instead of cutting the main loop.

·
Registered
552 Posts
?????????

:question: Care to share your secret for success?? Thanks in advance Bret.

Bret said:
I bought some offshore angler topshots(BPS) and their directions on the package were wrong.. took me a few tries to figure it out, but I did and havent had any failures yet..

·
The Jammer
3,594 Posts
I know this might sound very basic, you can't believe how many people I have seen do their loop to loop the wrong way. Just make sure it looks pretty much like a square knot when you are finished. If you do it the wrong way, it will fail.

THE JAMMER

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
Bluewater Dawg said:
:question: Care to share your secret for success?? Thanks in advance Bret.
Its like Jammer said, it should look like a square knot.. I thought I was mentally challenged while trying to attach my first one.. but as long as it loops together like a square knot you are ok. I havent done the spider hitch with them.. yet.. but it is just a few more wraps..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts