2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a mess of kids to the movies by Willowbrook to see Lady in the tub or something like that!

One of the dumbest low budget movies I've ever seen! Got back to the truck and someone had relieved us of the kids DVD players! I would've never thought something like that would happen in the middle of the day!

Didn't touch anything else, $200 Costas on the dash, fuzz buster, Glock, nothing! Must have used a slim jim as there was no damage, they even locked it!?!?!? :hairout:

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
I would laugh. But you sound kinda po'ed right now.

Hate to hear you didn't catch'em Harbor. See if they might have them on camera.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
How did you miss all the thugs walking around the place to start with ?????

John

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Two words...

Valet Parking

ROTFLMAO.. man, that sucks. Hearing alot of it lately, very blatant thefts out in the daytime eyes.. nobody sees this schtuff happening??? Wonder why they didn't want the glock.. musta have been quick about it or someone did come by while they were breaking in.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
dang

Sorry to hear about the dvd players, glad to hear about the Glock. Was a smash and grab probably. They did the same thing to me two years ago. Smashed the window and grabbed a cheapo radar detector. Left my Costas and my Oakley's. Happening everywhere, it just about takes body armor and a mean dog to get into Walmart in Baytown. Not a good sign of things to come. I watched a report on the news the other day about the increase in these types of burglaries. They want something quick and easy to pawn, use it to buy drugs and gas.

Z

·
Banned
607 Posts
Sucks Steve,,,I have at least 2 theft recoveries coming to my shop a week normally. The number one place they get hit is at movie theaters, Home Depot and the mall. Particularly willow brook mall, it is very rampant there because the thieves figure most vehicles there are family cars and have DVD systems in them. Dark tinted windows and at least a flashing LED on the dash will deter most amateurs but the career thieves will get it anyhow. Sucks because for just about every $1000 damage and loss the actual thieves get close to $20-$50 for their find. Were they mounted in the car or the portable ones? Sucks to be violated like that for sure,,,,

Let me know if you need any help with an estimate to the insurance company,,,

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Harbor

Do you have a factory keyless remote?

I heard the sorry SOB's have a master of some sort out there these days.

Ask the cops if it is true when you talk to them, I don't know if it is a internet scam or not. I got a message about it in an email it was one of those pass it on things so I did not think much of it.

FN

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Had my Chevy Z71 stolen at Willow Brook Mall. Had an alarm and nothing of any value thank God. They saw the thieves on camera, but the truck was never recovered. I saw the stolen report list in that area. I will not be caught dead in that area! Seems nice, but is not!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I hear ya

Fish Aholic said:
Had my Chevy Z71 stolen at Willow Brook Mall. Had an alarm and nothing of any value thank God. They saw the thieves on camera, but the truck was never recovered. I saw the stolen report list in that area. I will not be caught dead in that area! Seems nice, but is not!!!!!!
Alarms keep honest people honest bro. When I found my truck busted into the alarm was going off. lol They didnt even care to disarm it. HaHaHa

Z

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Check the stolen report and theft reports from out there. I know the mall was second in theft reports next to the Galleria at the time I checked. When I was talking to the security guards at that mall and herd all of the crime stuff on their radios, I got sick!

To this day I stay guarded. I did find out that alarms don't alway stop someone, but they will sometimes.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Sorry to hear that Harbor,,,Bummer....Hate to hear it, Esp for the girls to go throught that!!! Your still one of the best Dads I know!!!

Glock? I understanding them passing on that.....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts