2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and saw Willie for the first time last night when Miles2Fish had an extra ticket. Very impressive and a great venue at Houston Arena. sister on piano and daughter came out at the end to sing along in some Gospel. He played for over an hour and a half.

Thanks Miles!

·
Banned
4,487 Posts
Willie puts on a good show. I saw him in 03'. The funny thing, the thing that struck me the most about him, is how OLD he looks when you get right up close to him! lol. I mean, we all know he's old, he looks old from across the room, but get right up to him, and he looks mummified! None the less, outstanding performer!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Show was great. The big-butted gal in low rise jeans dancing in front of us not so. Also thought the lead-off group was somewhat lacking - who were they anyway?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I have seen many shows ranging from metal in the '80s to most of the Texas music bands of today and Willie puts on one of the best shows I have ever seen.
even more so when you consider that he will be 80 next month!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great show, had 3rd row seats that my wife bought. It was on her bucket list. The first act was Jamie Johnson, and he was great I thought!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great show, had 3rd row seats that my wife bought. It was on her bucket list. The first act was Jamie Johnson, and he was great I thought!
I thought Jamie was great as well. Some good lyrics and a couple of good covers I thought as well.

The women that rushed the stage throughout the concert was great IMO as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Always reminds me of a Toby Keith song.. I'll never smoke weed with Willie agian, my partys all over, before it began!

Side note: Willie does have a funny movie out, Beer for My Horses. It's a hit or miss on whether you like it I reckon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts