1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone ask me about how could they make a will
do they have to go to somekind of special lawyer
or can eny lawyer do this for them

·
Registered
933 Posts
you can go to the library and get a book on doing your own will, and do it yourself. Just follow the rules, and it is a done deal.

Bogey

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I would recommend an attorney do your/friends will, which should also include a Medical Directive to Physicians and Durable Power of Attorney. Unfortunately the rules change very often and a library book may not reflect those changes. JMO

·
Registered
446 Posts
there are a few computer programs available that have the form(s) applicable for your state - its usually the same program an attorney uses.

Any family law - or attorney familiar enough with Trusts and Wills (or trucks and wheels) can assist - if there are no children or a lot of property - it shouldn't cost much and shouldn't take more than a week for him/her to get back with you - usually its the assistant or paralegal that actually does the document

If you do the majority of the work at home and take them the docs - that should drastically cut the cost down

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
ANGEL said:
thanks guys
can eny attorney do this????
Pretty much, yes. Those doing family law probably do them most often (I would guess). They can be complicated, though. So do it right. Especially if you have anything you want taken care of specifically...namely your kids.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can buy a fill in the blank form at any office supply. Fill it out, have it notarized and it is legal. In Texas you can even hand write your will - as long as you use the proper wording for the witnesses it is legal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts